Palliative Care Assistants
We are looking for passionate Palliative Care Assistants to join an inspiring Home Care Company in the Newcastle & North Shields area of Tyne and Wear. Supporting individuals within their own homes, this organisation provides a very unique and person centred approach.
This role involves providing a wide range of support, which can include Life Limiting Conditions, End of Life needs, Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour.
Do you want to join an organisation who continuously develop their care staff through training and ongoing support?
All carers are professional, qualified and trustworthy to enable them to be confident and competent in delivering the specific care required. You would be working closely with both the person and their family, whilst also receiving your own individual support and training to progress as a carer.
What experience do you need to be a Palliative Care Assistant?
- 6+ months’ experience of working within the care sector
- It will be desirable if you have your NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Be willing to work towards NVQ level 2/3 in Health & Social Care
- Always remain passionate about the level of care you provide
Hours & Rates of Pay
- This position is a full time contracted position at 36 hours per week
- 12 hour shifts on a two-week rota including alternating weekends
- £8.20 per hour
- Paid Travel Time
- 25p per mile
Above all, if you are a Palliative Care Assistant who is passionate about making a difference by supporting individuals to maintain their quality of life, comfort and dignity then we would like to speak to you. Please click on APPLY and we will contact you to discuss the vacancy further.
Health and Social Care Jobs are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Personal Carers.