£18,000 permanent, or we would consider a temporary person, at £7.50 per hour.
Our client is currently on a drive to set the standards of excellence in the luxury sector of the hotel industry, one of Surrey’s most dynamic and successful industries. Every Guest is unique and their team strives to create individual moments of service excellence for their business and leisure travellers.
They are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. The main purpose of this job is to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of services.
To assist the operational running of the bar and ensure that staff are fulfilling their duties to the best of their ability:
- Responsible all areas of the bar operation including: set up, all aspects of service, cashing up, locking up, stock takes, stock control, cellar management, cleaning lines, health and safety and maintenance.
- Greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Promote, describe and upsell items, to inform guests and offer alternative items.
- Have complete understanding of menus at all times.
- Plan, prepare and mix cocktails.
- Prepare drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
- Train and develop the bar team.
- Ensure performance standards are adhered to.
- Excellent customer care skills Good time management and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work within team.
- Must understand 4 star hotel restaurant/bar operations.
- Must understand 4 star hotel standards.
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role.
- 4 Star hotel restaurant service standards.
- Cocktail Knowledge.
- Wine and Spirit Knowledge.
- Immaculate presentation.
- Drive to succeed in the industry.
- Have a passion for service.
- Driven to succeed.
- Open to training and development.
- Team worker with honesty and integrity.
- Strong personality, “thick skinned” and able to deal calmly and confidently with a diverse range of customers.
- Open and receptive to new information, lots of common sense.
- Outgoing personality, able to build rapport with others quickly
- Third Level Hospitality Qualification.
- Level 2 or equivalent in numeracy and literacy.
- Proficient with Micros POS/Book-a-table.
- 4 star dining/wine service standards.
- WSET Certificate.
- Professional wine service.