Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant – Patient Transport (AWDO-P3450)
Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant with excellent communication, administrative, organisational and time-management skills is required by a well-established Company based in Staines, Middlesex.
SALARY: £20,000 per annum + Benefits
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant that has excellent communication, administrative, organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant you will work within a busy Control / Call Centre, providing a friendly, efficient and professional service.
As the Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant you will support the Transport and Logistics Dispatchers with their daily duties helping them to respond to and assist clients in a timely fashion.
Your responsibilities will also involve liaising with Private Ambulance Crews, Hospitals and Patients, ensuring service level agreements are met and patient / hospital charter standards are applied as appropriate.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, Global Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant:
- Assist the Transport and Logistics Dispatcher regarding utilisation and communication with the fleet/operational staff ensuring they are being used effectively and resourcefully
- Have a good working knowledge of the vehicle tracking systems and booking systems following induction training
- Ensure accurate and real time data is recorded into the booking system and kept accurately updated retrospectively when needed using the tracking system
- Ensure risk management is applied to all journeys to ensure the safety of the crew and patients, especially on specialist transfers which require specifically qualified operational staff/vehicles
- To receive calls in an accurate, effective and polite manner, ensuring requests for patients transport and queries regarding ambulance journeys are actioned / answered and comply with relevant service procedures
- Accurately input bookings onto the booking system as they are received
- Ensure appropriate liaison with other agencies such as GP's, Nursing Homes and other potential clients following guidance from Dispatch
- To relay relevant information to Hospital, Caller or Crew following instruction from Dispatch
- Display a high level of Customer Care when dealing with Hospitals, Patients and Relatives
- Ensure compliance with patient care and safety protocols and guidelines
- Deal promptly, professionally and efficiently with all telephone calls received, liaise with Dispatcher/Control Supervisor where necessary and take appropriate action
- Ensure own compliance with business's policies, procedures and protocols
- Ensure own compliance with current Health & Safety legislation and identify, make safe and/or report areas of risk and promote safe working practices
- Ensure incidents and near misses are reported to Control Supervisor in a timely and accurate manner
- Be prepared to assist with all suitable office duties as and when they may arise
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communicator
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations professionally and assertively
- Computer literate/ good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Able to work as a team and on own initiative
- Flexible to working hours- additional hours, nights, bank holidays maybe required
- Must be able to pass an occupational health assessment
- Candidates will be required to get CRB / DBS check, if not already in possession
- Knowledge of patient transport and of the Mental Health act would be advantageous
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Staines, Middlesex
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Customer Services Vehicle Dispatch Assistant – Patient Transport (AWDO-P3450)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly