Chef Manager - Oxpens Campus - Oxford
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for food and for providing the best service at all times. This exciting role requires hands on craft chef trainer and be an effective manager of two staff an apprentice along with daily catering students who will be on Rota in the food outlets and kitchen. Must have a strong financial acumen that also has the ability to develop the team and site to the highest industry standards
• Have excellent communication skills along with a patient, enthusiastic and innovative attitude.
• Be able to show experience and skills by means of training our future chef’s within your brigade
• Be able to do menu planning and costing, including stock control, and processing a small amount of bookwork.
• Have the ability to lead from the front and motivate a small team of work experience catering students who will be on rota to work alongside you.
• Undertake occasional external events and be able to switch between catering styles of mass production to fine dining.
• Ensure that high levels of hygiene and health & safety are maintained throughout.
• Be financially astute so to maximise profitability alongside food quality.
• Have a good understanding of dietary requirements and current allergens legislation.
• Be naturally outgoing and vibrant, with excellent customer skills.
• Have the ability to train and inspire our future budding chef’s
• Be innovative and creative.
• Have excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrate good attention to detail
• Be up to date with current food trends and work within a budget
• Actively seek and support new business which brings in additional profit for the organisation.
Salary: £28k - 30k per annum
Please click "Apply" to be redirected to our website in order to complete your application.