Industry Analyst / Research Analyst
Job Title: Industry Analyst
Location: Marlborough SN8
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 plus (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Job Type: Permanent
Our client provides market insight and analysis on the market and competitive environment for unified communications and collaboration solutions. They are supporting many leading vendors, service providers and channels with our insight services at a Global, regional and country level.
They are looking for a new Analyst to join their existing analyst team. This role would suit an analyst with 3-5 years plus relevant experience in either the communications market or a technology segment where skills may be transferable. A proven record of delivering both quantitative and qualitative market insight, to a high quality, is a prerequisite. The individual should also be able to demonstrate experience in presenting market insight to internal or external stakeholders and strong written and verbal communication skills.
You would be working alongside a team of experienced analysts and be expected to plan, implement and deliver research insights to our client base.
The scope of your role would include taking a pro-active approach in terms of development of our research areas and the ability to develop both existing contacts and new contacts within the industry.
Your key responsibilities would be:
- Scope, plan and deliver research insights for both syndicated and bespoke consulting projects
- Researching market and vendor trends using published analysis, desk based research, telephone and face to face research
- Pro-active input on development of existing research areas and new research areas
- Monitoring key market and vendor activities and announcements
- Preparing market reports and presentation material in Excel and PowerPoint with supporting qualitative written analysis
- Presentation of research findings to clients and responding to client enquiries
- Developing the company and your own footprint and reputation within the industry
- Contribution to adjacent research areas, peer report review and bespoke consulting engagements
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new contacts
Key personal attributes required:
- The ability to assimilate information, draw conclusions from research findings and explain research methodology and conclusions when presenting to internal and external clients
- Strong analytical and quantitative market analysis skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop public speaking skills
- A keen interest in technology and desire to expand your knowledge of the communications and collaborations market
- Good team working ethos
- A high degree of numeracy with proficiency in Microsoft packages including Excel and PowerPoint
- English mother-tongue or professional proficiency
You would be provided with the opportunity to work in a pleasant and engaging office environment and be provided with the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge of a dynamic business segment through in-house and external training. This role provides the opportunity for both UK and international travel.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Industry Analyst, Industry Researcher, Technology Analyst, Research Associate, Marketing Analyst, Senior Analyst, Principal Analyst, Research Analyst, Statistical Analyst, Data Analyst, Statistician, Marketing Data Analyst, Research Data Analyst, Research Officer, Business Analyst, Strategy Research Analyst, Statistics Research Analyst, Quantitative Research Analyst, Qualitative Research Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, BI, will also be considered for this role.