Head of Electrical Compliance
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Electrical Compliance to join our team in the Technical Compliance and Quality Department. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, the ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary of £65,000-£72,606 per annum.
The new organisation will be a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people and retaining the founding organisations commitment to investing in their learning and development, management training, talent development and core skills programmes.
The Technical Compliance & Quality team within the new organisation will be responsible for the safety, regulatory compliance and quality assurance of over 55k homes in London and the South East. Excellent data driven processes, risk management, policy adherence and high quality standards will be vital in this role to ensure we maintain regulatory compliance and drive quality standards within the service delivery teams.
The purpose of the Head of Electrical Compliance role is to provide operational leadership for the Electrical Compliance team within the Technical Compliance and Quality Directorate of Peabody, ensuring that the organisation meets its statutory requirements in relation to electrical safety.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Electrical Compliance
- Provide specialist technical (electrical) advice to Peabody.
- Development and management of Peabody’s electrical policy and procedures ensuring that they meet statutory, regulatory and Peabody’s health and safety requirements.
- Provision of design input into new developments with communal electrical/lifting services and technical sign off of completed works
- Ensuring that new electrical installations and developments are handed over to the contractor(s) and the Service Delivery team and are included in servicing programmes.
- Development and management of efficient and cost effective servicing programmes for electrical plant and equipment (including domestic and communal electrics, communal fire safety systems, emergency lighting, mansafe equipment, lifting equipment, etc) to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and Peabody’s health and safety requirements.
- Technical post-inspection regime for all electrical service delivery contractors and works (including repairs and installations) in order to ensure compliance, value for money and quality standards are being delivered at all times.
- Quality Assurance process for all electrical, lifting and mansafe servicing and certification
- Close liaison with the Head of Technical Quality Assurance to ensure any remedial actions related to electrical compliance are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to asset management planning for building services (budgeting and programme-setting) and future contractor procurement exercises.
- Ad hoc investigations and reports into incidents and compliance events as required.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Head of Electrical Compliance
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a Building Services (Electrical) department, with excellent communication skills, that generate confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences
- Sound technical knowledge of building services and experience of fire safety systems and asbestos
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements for building services
- Extensive management experience at a senior level, with experience of an electrical/mechanical client team at a senior level
- Experience in managing large Asset Management portfolios
- Experience in tracking and monitoring compliance and contractor performance
- Extensive report writing skills, writing reports up to Chief Executive level.
- Sound knowledge of legislative requirements surrounding asset compliance
- Understanding and experience of operating SFG20
- Experience in leading and developing policies to drive service improvement and value for money
Closing date & time: Midnight Sunday 25 June
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Head of Electrical Compliance please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCY INTEREST