Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner and potentially managing a Finance Analyst, the Senior Finance Analyst will work closely with the management team of an assigned Group and be responsible for conducting a range of activities including budgeting, modelling, forecasting, analysis and reporting. The role will monitor actual outcomes and variances against budget and/or forecasts. It is intended that this role also provides first line support/cover for the Finance Business Partner.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the Finance Business Partner to provide value added support, guidance, financial review and challenge to specific Groups
- Act as a financial point of contact for the assigned Group
- Close month end management accounts in line with governance frameworks
- Assurance of financial accuracy and completeness
- Develop, support, challenge and review business cases
- Provision of financial analysis and commentaries for inclusion within the Group Reporting Packs
- Drive performance awareness through structured reporting, undertake monthly analysis of financial results, meet with cost centre managers to review variances and drive efficiencies in reporting and processes
- Working with senior management within Groups and in conjunction with the Finance Business Partner, develop annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and longer term strategic financial plans in line with overall timelines and requirements
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Strong management accounting experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of the operating model of the business
- Willing to constructively challenge business assumptions
- Uses experience and judgement to develop insight from data and analysis
- Poses a pragmatic and analytical approach to problem solving, with the ability to appreciate the bigger picture whilst not losing sight of the detail
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage expectations across multiple internal stakeholders
- An ability to communicate complex information to individuals of both financial and non-financial background
- Strong analytical skills and ability to challenge
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Excel modelling skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of reporting good practice with skills in designing and producing reports in a variety of output formats e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP BI
- A qualified accountant, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA with at least two years of post-qualification experience
- Post graduate qualification and/or membership of a recognised professional body
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 23rd June 2017.
To apply for the role of Senior Finance Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Finance Analyst, Finance Analyst, Management Accounting, Analysis, Excel, Modelling, Reporting, Data, SAP, SAP BI, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Accounting, Accountant, Budgets, Forecasts, Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting.