QA Team Leader
Title: QA Team Leader
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Location: Manchester (Chadderton)
Hours: Mon-Fri. 8:45am to 5:15pm
Salary: Up to £35,000 plus bonus and benefits
A market leader in the retail gaming sector, has an exciting opportunity for a QA Team leader to join the Technology Research and Development team in Manchester. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and motivating the QA team that ensures our testing standards and processes are employed on software produced by the R&D team.
This is a hands-on role that includes the people-management, planning, coordination, review, and reporting of all testing activities and team members. You will continue to maintain best practice and KPI's for measuring quality and work closely with the R&D development and project management teams to ensure that they are being adhered to.
This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience of developing teams, by introducing new processes and building team members through training and mentoring. Though experience working in the Gaming industry is desired, it is not essential. Good communications skills are a must as forging close relationships with multiple internal teams is critical to ensure successful execution and delivery.
* Provide leadership, direction and inspiration for a team of QA Analysts
* Mentor, hold 1-to-1s, set and review objectives and appraise performance ensuring effective performance management
* Help build a 'high quality, on-time delivery' culture that is accountable and results orientated
* Identify, develop and execute training plans for team members
* Communicate risks, defects and coverage reports to R&D team, turning potential problems into new accomplishments
* Provide management reporting and metrics
* Preparation of test plans and test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results
* Prepare and maintain regression test suite, ensuring continuous update
* Participate actively in general QA team activities, including test environment support, test process improvement and quality audits
Skills & Experience:
* QA Team Leader or Manager
* Significant experience in software testing
* A good understanding of software test methodologies
* Knowledge of the STLC ( Software Testing Life Cycle )
* A working knowledge of non-functional testing
* Experience of Bug Tracking software (preferably Jira, Test Link / Test Rail)
* Shown to have developed training plans for teams
* Basic Windows XP/7 knowledge
* Higher education or formal training in software testing (ISEB or ISTQB) preferred
* Experience in testing Web Services is a plus
* Experience in testing gambling machines would be of great advantage
* Knowledge of test automation is a plus
* Experience working in the Gaming industry or a regulated industry
The company employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
Please send us your details via 'Apply', and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.