Localization Resource Network Lead
Wordbank is a unique blend of localization and global marketing agency. Since 1988 we’ve been helping brands reach and inspire customers with international marketing strategy and content in all languages. We handle projects from research and cultural insights, to brand consultancy, content strategy, content writing, translation and localization. And digital media.
With offices in the US, London and China, we have a global network of talent that includes language experts, marketers, cultural consultants and content professionals – all tried, tested and nurtured by our dedicated Resource Network Management (RNM) team.
And this is where you come in. Because we currently have an exciting opening in our Soho office to lead RNM activities for our accounts across the whole of Europe and Asia. We’re looking for a ‘people person’. A great communicator who can recruit, motivate and manage remote teams of talented individuals.
Main Duties: Resourcing and Recruitment
• Ensure a consistent and quality resourcing service for our project managers and account teams.
• Recruit and maintain suitable and competent freelance resources for new and ongoing projects.
• Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with all external suppliers.
• Source and manage the approval process for all client contacts in-country.
• Negotiate supplier terms and conditions with the overall objective of improving turnaround times and availability, managing the performance and quality of freelance resources.
• Manage the overall cost model, negotiating rates with suppliers with the objective of reducing cost wherever fair and appropriate.
• Ensure that our global resource management system is kept up-to-date and that all required paperwork is completed and stored electronically.
Main Duties: Quality Management
• Monitor and provide consistent feedback to individual linguistic suppliers.
• Provide support to our Account teams on any quality issues that arise and act as liaison with supplier.
• Coordinate new supplier on-boarding and account training where necessary.
• In association with internal stakeholders, proactively create, manage and maintain linguistic teams for all major accounts.
Skills and Experience:
This is an excellent first or second job for an ambitious and organised people person, with good project and time management skills. You should have:
• Some knowledge of translation and localization.
• An understanding of project management, procurement or generally working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Sound knowledge of software packages, such as Windows and Excel and experience working with databases, as well as the Internet.
• Some experience of purchasing and/or accounting software (preferred).
• Knowledge of a second language (preferred), with excellent written and spoken English.
You should be confident dealing with internal and external stakeholders. A team player, you can also use your initiative and work independently.
• Organisation & Time Management: ability to prioritise and manage time effectively in the face of multiple changing priorities.
• Strong Belief In The Power Of Team: respectful of the perspective of others, easy to work with, approachable and collaborative.
• Problem Solver - listen to complex challenges and logically work through root causes, implement solutions and offer options to address.
• Excellent Communicator: excellent communication and listening skills.
• Detail Focused: able to assimilate detail on account/project specifics and communicate to relevant parties. Ability to analyse and report on key metrics.
• Personally Driven: self-confident, highly collaborative team player. Passionate about creating and pursuing opportunity.
• Commercial Capability: strong negotiation skills.
Salary: £23K-£25K Depending On Experience
You may already be a traffic manager, or you may not have experience in a similar resourcing role. But if you’re super-organised, good at negotiating and calm under pressure, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.