Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• To help and support the Supply Chain Manager with the administration of the purchasing function.
• Monitor stock levels and supplier lead times to identify low stock situations
• Monitor order intake and report on supply chain constraints.
• Coordinate min. stock / reorder systems with warehouse staff.
• Raise purchase orders as appropriate
• Contact suppliers to progress orders – monitor / record performance
• Liaise with internal customers regarding supply issues
• Input data onto the Purchasing / Stock Control database
• Reconcile stock counts against database records and report results
• Management of reject components, coordination of appropriate actions with suppliers
• Management of supplier corrective action reports
• Prepare and update various Word / Excel documents
• Maintenance of paper records
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proactive, flexible, organised and conscientious individual
• Experience in a Purchasing, Supply Chain, Stock Control or logistics role
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work as part of a team
• IT literate (ideally with experience of MRP system)
• Confident communicator
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Purchasing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly