- Shop Direct wishes to be a world class leader in the application of artificial intelligence (A.I.) to financial customer behaviour profiling. This is a critical role within a growing area of decisioning excellence at Shop Direct, seeking to utilise fully automated processes reliant upon leading edge modelling and decision capabilities.
- Use the latest and most advanced techniques and data sources - support vector machines, random forests, and neural networks - to segment our portfolio, assess creditworthiness, and optimize decision making.
- Use non-traditional Big Data sources such as website transactional data, social media data, and unstructured data sources.
- Has responsibility for the development and implementation of machine learning solutions across the £1.5bn Shop Direct Financial Services (SDFS) portfolio.
- To leverage the application of machine learning and A.I (artificial intelligence) to optimise risk decisioning and profitability across the SDFS portfolio.
- To provide portfolio insight using machine learning techniques.
- To develop and educate team members in machine learning techniques and their application.
Scope of Role:
- Has responsibility for the development and implementation of machine learning across the £1.5bn SDFS portfolio.
- Provide effective machine learning development, implementation, controls and monitoring for the portfolio exposures of circa £8bn, across acquisition, account management, fraud and collections.
Key Responsibilities / Projects:
Machine learning and A.I. (artificial intelligence)
- Develop machine learning and A.I. (artificial intelligence) models and analytical solutions to optimise risk decisioning and profitability across the portfolio.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to apply machine learning.
- Create value from a variety of data sources, including web transactional data and unstructured data sources.
- Project manage the implementation of machine learning models.
- Ensure models are optimised and regularly monitored for degradation.
- Ensure effective model governance routines are developed and documented.
- Leverage machine learning approaches to increase efficiencies across SDFS.
- Expand the team’s capabilities in machine learning and A.I.
- Head of FS Decision Analytics (line manager)
- Credit Risk Managers and Senior Managers
- Business-wide analytical community
- Credit Risk & Operations Director
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- Science or Mathematics based degree with good knowledge of statistics.
- 1 yrs+ profession experience of modelling and statistical techniques for machine learning
- 1 yrs+ experience of deployment of machine learning algorithms in a business environment, including project management.
- Experience of working with large volumes of data (transactional, Weblogs), including data preparation and pre-processing.
- Proven ability to deliver analytical solutions in challenging environments, either commercial or research based.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to simplify complex concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Experience of using either SAS, Python or R within a commercial environment.
- A Master level qualification in a relevant field e.g. maths or computer science
- A further qualification in machine learning or data science.
- Experience of developing and deploying machine learning models within a retail or credit business.
- Experience of subprime portfolio
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of running champion-challenger models and tests.
Excellent knowledge of machine learning tools, techniques, databases and decisioning packages e.g.: SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Visual Analytics, R/Python, SQL, NoSQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Cassandra, Excel (Advanced), Tableau.