Construction Project Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Project Surveyor / Quality Control Surveyor / Clerk of Works to join GHPC Group Ltd initially based in Milton Keynes.
Your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Acting as a key interface between the GHPC Surveying, Project Management & Admin Teams, Designers, Contractors, Residents, Client Customer Services, Client Corporate Teams and Client Commercial Teams to deliver projects in line with the Client’s remit, programme and budget.
- Liaising with Designers, Suppliers, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Site Management Teams and maintaining good working relationships with all parties to achieve quality, defect-free completed units fit for occupation, along with satisfied Clients and residents.
- Having the capability and experience as part of the project surveying team throughout the remedial works contract, from inception to completion, (with support as necessary) including attendance on-site and at meetings.
- Playing a pivotal role in the Risk Management process for Client remediation project, incorporating up-front risk management & assessment of projects and liaison with appropriate parties, and monitoring construction phase, in line with the relevant Client policy, specification and remedial design scope.
- Undertaking daily surveying activities of remedial works, during opening up works to examine extent of damage and works required and reviewing remedial works carried out, for quality and suitability - this will involve recording identified defects (Site Observations), discussing solutions and maintaining accurate photographic schedules with all observations raised being checked and signed-off once works have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Preparing reports following site surveying activity, using company systems and templates/ proformas, distributing completed reports to appropriate parties.
- Maintaining daily site diary to document and record site activities.
- Working with all involved parties to develop expert and creative solutions to challenging construction problems, where off-the-shelf solutions will not suffice.
- Issuing and managing instructions to Site Teams, Clients and Contractors in line with the agreed formal Project Instruction processes, maintaining clear records and audit trail on company system and ensuring full accountability for budget reporting processes.
- In monitoring projects, liaising with Site Teams and reporting any Site Health & Safety issues or concerns in a timely manner to the GHPC Project Manager.
Ideal skills and qualifications would be:
- A relevant qualification (BEng, BSc, HND, HNC or equivalent) is preferred as well as an eagerness to work towards a formal professional qualification/membership (CIOB, RICS, MIStructE, MICE, CEng, ICWCI etc). Alternatively a significant and proven experience of the physical built environment and construction processes may be acceptable for this role.
- An excellent understanding of the Building Regulations, building technologies and legislation, and industry practices together with the ability to interpret and apply technical theory and Building Regulations to practical situations.
- Previous experience and proven track record in similar role + good understanding of Health & Safety requirements in construction.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual able to work independently and unsupervised. This role will require a confident individual who has the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personalities and professional bodies during projects.
- IT literate and competent, experienced user of general Microsoft Office software. Must have a confident attitude towards the use of technology.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload with flexibility to multi-task. Excellent presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified and experienced Project Surveyor with previous experience in the construction industry (housing projects and Quality Control preferred but not mandatory) and should have appropriate construction knowledge, with membership of a relevant professional institution.
- A full clean UK driving licence is absolutely essential.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience + benefits.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961521535 / INDHP