An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Asset Inspector to join Dover Port.
With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and buses passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder we're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'. Our award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Our portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
We are looking for an Asset Inspector to assist the Team Leader in the management of the Port’s inspection regime and the supervision of Port related engineering works. Your primary role will be to carry out inspections on building and civil engineering assets within the Port. You will also as required supervise or assist with the supervision of contract or direct labour works are carried out in accordance with the relevant specifications and drawings.
As an Asset Inspector your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Deliver the Port’s asset inspection regime, by undertaking principal, general, routine, safety and monitoring inspections and associated reports.
- Upload inspection reports, photos and videos in the Asset Management System.
- Assist the Team Leader in connection with new build and maintenance contracts, general surveys and inspections.
- Supervise, liaise with, and assist staff and contractor to ensure the work is carried out safely.
An ideal Asset Inspector will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade C or above in English and Mathematics.
- Trade apprenticeship in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent vocational training) to a minimum NVQ level 3, or Surveying / inspection accreditation, or HNC in Civil Engineering or Building Surveying
- Experience in planning and undertaking of inspections and surveys of Building and Civil Engineering assets.
- Capable of dealing with emergencies and working under pressure.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations online.
recruitx ref: 961531039 / INDHP