6 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join Dover Port.
With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and buses passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder we're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Our award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Our portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant with a proven technical background to be responsible for the financial accounting within the Board and its subsidiaries. The Port spends on average £10m per annum on new capital items and as such the role will have a specific emphasis on all areas related to fixed assets. This will necessarily include the reporting on all capital projects within the core business, monitoring of costs, asseting and maximisation of tax allowances. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work with the project delivery and asset teams to ensure all projects are correctly accounted for.
As a Financial Accountant your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Monitor, analyse and report on the capital costs incurred by the business and its subsidiaries.
- Produce weekly cash flows for all project related.
- Carry out analysis for identified projects to determine project viability and to share knowledge across teams to improve business performance.
- Produce consolidated statutory accounts, individual company accounts and the corporation tax computations to each entity.
An ideal Financial Accountant will have the following skills and qualifications:
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Demonstrative post qualification experience.
- Qualified within accountancy practice or large company with audit and tax experience.
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulations.
- Ability to produce and interpret investment appraisals.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed business decision.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and enhance internal controls.
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations online.
recruitx ref: 961531038 / INDHP
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly