7 days left
- Full Time
Argent Energy has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the team based in Stanlow.
Argent Energy is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England. Our main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of other facilities have been built in the Stanlow area which will increase our production capacity to 145 million litres per year.
The Engineering Manager role is a hands-on and practical role, with responsibility for the full maintenance programme (including corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance) for the site; stock control of spares and equipment, budgetary control, adhering to safety and industry regulations. People management for a small team of Maintenance Engineers.
Key Responsibilities of our Engineering Manager
- Lead a multi skilled maintenance organisation ensuring full regulatory compliance with all aspects of Instrument, Electrical and Mechanical engineering
- Develop and maintain an Engineering Strategy and establish equipment specific maintenance policies for all critical equipment on site and implement Total Reliability. Specifically, around embedding the practices of equipment condition projects including Preventive and Predictive maintenance, Risk Based Inspection and Root Cause Analysis
- Identification of Safety and Environmental Critical equipment and the development of the required maintenance policies for these items
- Management of minor project construction activities, ensuring contractor HSE compliance and adherence to QA in project planning and execution
- Collation and analysis of maintenance data. Identifying repetitive failures/trends and development of a maintenance and integrity improvement/optimisation programme
- Co-ordinate, manage and analyse the execution of all maintenance activities (preventative, corrective and campaign) according to the planning schedule to ensure technical integrity is maintained, production is maximised and OPEX is minimised
- Coordinate, manage and analyse the construction of modifications in accordance with the Operations minor modification procedure
- Produce and document a “Critical Spares “list for site and implement and manage spares inventory control and stores system
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas
- Develop and maintain the site MMS Set up machinery files as defects and repairs occur to build up a data base
- Co-ordinate on site contractors for repairs and maintenance
- Organise any shutdowns that may be required to carry out maintenance or repairs
- Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with company policy and in a safe manner
Qualifications and skills needed to become our Engineering Manager
- Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Instrumentation Degree Qualified Engineer preferred or HND with appropriate experience multi skill engineering management experience
- A combined Mechanical / Electrical qualification would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a multi skilled maintenance management role essential, including preventative maintenance management, stock control and the practical application of engineering solutions
- Previous experience of working in a process plant, with a FMCG, Process, Chemical background or similar
- Previous people management experience is required; ability to manage, organise and motivate individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, pressure systems, electrical and mechanical systems
- IT literate with knowledge and understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Candidate must be tenacious, focussed, solution driven and organised with the ability to roll their sleeves up when required – high levels of energy, commitment and sense of urgency required in an ever-changing environment
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Engineering Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!