People & Development HR Advisor
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the People & Development HR Advisor role
You will be providing a first class HR service to your set departmental managers by maintaining and be well versed in your departments’ People KPIs – evaluations, RTWs and caseload, working closely with the Department manager to identify succession and development of each individual, liaising with the payroll team on leavers to ensure no overpaid leavers are processed and developing the Manager’s people management capabilities including coaching line managers and supervisors to act on HR issues such as absence and performance management effectively and efficiently.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our People & Development HR Advisor
- To adhere to all timescales prescribed in policies and procedural documents
- To meet regularly with departmental managers to discuss people issues, succession planning and training and development needs of the employees, updating your people plan monthly
- To report effectively with payroll on all departmental leavers, conduct exit interviews where applicable
- To monitor the completion of your departments’ people KPI’s for evaluations and return to works, effectively escalating where required
- To communicate the engagement calendar, its events and gather information to drive the engagement calendar forward
- Induct all new managers/supervisors on HR policies and processes, evaluating their progression and updating their line manager
- Providing clear and consistent advice based on commercial, best practice and legislative information
A few things about you
You will display a positive and proactive attitude for this role, caring in what you do to ensure you make it happen. The role will be fast-paced so the ability to think smart about what you do is a must, as is escalating issues as required and in a timely manner. You’ll need to influence managers by building strong relationship and creating confidence in your decision making ability and effective and efficient service provision.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a HR related role
- Experience in warehousing/logistic industry would be beneficial
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent experience
- PC – Excel, Word, PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- Full UK Driving licence – preferably clean
- Up to date on current ER legislation
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a People & Development HR Advisor apply now!