Training Manager, FCO
4 days left
- Full Time
Vacancy Reference: SEC-FCO-KS-1805
Job Title: Training Manager, Security
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: London with travel
Salary: £27,000-£30,000 per annum DOE
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Opt-In Health Cash Plans
At Servest we like to roll up our sleeves and get the job done. Our incredible Learning and Development colleagues work tirelessly to deliver outstanding training and development opportunities to support our colleagues to be the very best they can be and in turn, our customers benefit from our knowledge and expertise. We are now recruiting for a Training expert from the Security sector to deliver bespoke training to colleagues work on-site for a high-profile client based in Whitehall.
Rapid business growth means our division has expanded quickly and has seen us deliver robust, professional Security presence at many high-profile client sites across the country. This role is vital to ensure the continuous development and training of all members of the security staff across this clients' sites, to ensure the personal development of our staff and to ensure the continued improvement in the delivery of service to our client.
We're looking for an outstanding, Training Manager whose passion, knowledge and professionalism will ensure that all security personnel are equipped with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work-related tasks. The Training Manager will need to ensure that officers are trained in line with the Servest training policy and the client's requirements.
Innovative and creative, the Training Manager will design, create and develop training modules and associated learning materials in conjunction with the client and to reflect the client's requirements. It goes without saying that you will be a highly effective communicator who is able to forge fruitful, collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels – to include our clients, our dedicated Account Manager and our Security Officer colleagues across both sites.
To be successful in this role, you'll have experience of creating training courses and of training delivery, ideally in a Security environment. You'll be innovative and pro-active; self-motivated and driven by excellence, seeking to deliver the very highest quality training to support our colleagues in their continued development.
As our Training Manager, your primary duties & responsibilities will include:
- Managing the training programme / induction for all new Security Officers in conjunction with line management
- Maintaining auditable training records
- Assisting with the ongoing, long-term professional development of all Officers
- Assessing the training needs of the team through job analysis, appraisals and regular consultations with the management team
- Delivering outstanding classroom or one-to-one training, as required; ensuring content is continually reviewed, revised and adapted as necessary
- Devising personal development plans
- Developing and managing the team training strategy to foster continuous improvement
- Conducting one-to-one sessions with the security team to assess their knowledge and understanding of correct processes and procedures
- Monitoring and reviewing staff progress
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met and the client is fully informed in respect of these requirements
- Assisting and supporting client line managers to resolve specific training problems
- Working alongside colleagues from the Group L&D Team, you will administrate and maintaining up-to-date working knowledge of the Servest e-learning portal; Collaborating with the L&D Content Developer in the creation and / or the delivery of e-learning
Suitable candidates will demonstrate the following experience:
- A recognised training qualification is essential
- Demonstrable experience in training delivery, preferably in a commercial Security facility / setting or with focus on Security as a subject matter
- Demonstrable experience of creating training courses and / or e-learning modules
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing abilities
- Highly professional, you will possess excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the business
- It goes without saying that you will be highly organised and efficient in your day-to-day working style; You will possess outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously whilst delivering in a timely fashion
- A strategic thinker and a keen problem solver, you will recognise potential issues before they arise and look always to provide efficient, effective, pragmatic solutions
- Innovative, pro-active and self-motivated
- A genuine desire to provide first class output on every occasion
- A true team player, you will thrive in a collaborative environment and will contribute fully to the success of your team
- Flexible and adaptable, you will be ever ready to react and respond in an effort to improve the service you offer; you will embrace change and new technologies and the opportunities they offer
Our Training Manager would be required to support across two keys sites based in Whitehall and in Milton Keynes, however there may be some further additional national travel involved. Hours of work would be Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00 however, given that our dedicated team of Security Officers protect our clients and their sites 24 hours a day your flexibility to meet the needs of our business and out colleagues is essential.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
Apply for Training Manager, FCO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly