- Full Time
Do you have experience in exports and imports and have great account management skills? Do you aspire to work for a purposeful, sustainable and growing ethical brand?
Pukka Herbs is looking for a proactive Logistics Coordinator to join Pukka’s Operations Team.
Based in Bristol, our Logistics Coordinator role comes with a competitive salary of up to £25,000 alongside a benefits package designed to nurture your wellbeing and personal development.
About Pukka Herbs
Pukka Herbs create delicious organic herbal teas and incredible health supplements that take people on a journey of discovery to a healthier, happier life, benefiting people, plants and the planet. Pukka Herbs began 15 years ago and is the fastest growing herbal tea company and the 6th fastest growing grocery brand in the UK. Over a million cups of Pukka tea are drunk every day and Pukka’s teas and supplements are sold in over 40 countries across the globe.
About the role
As Logistics Coordinator you’ll oversee all aspects relating to the logistics, import and custom clearance of bulk orders and international purchases as well as export of shipments to Bulk Herbs international customers, either direct from UK or their country of origin. You’ll play a pivotal role in the fulfilment of Pukka’s production requirements and supporting our exciting sales growth.
Critically day to day, you will liaise with international suppliers and freight forwarders. You will make sure there is an accurate and timely upkeep of internal systems and the monitoring of reporting tools to ensure continuity of supply and achievement of key business targets.
You will also:
- Position raw materials between suppliers, Pukka and co-packers to optimise service for both Tea and Supplements.
- Control the delivery of raw materials to point of use after shipment approval, including further processing, sterilisation and logistics.
- Work with the Supply Chain Team to develop and maintain our existing and new ERP systems whilst making sure the data quality is improved ongoingly.
- Monitor the purchase order status and ensure the Raw Material Purchase Order Monitor is current and updated with the latest eta and flag any potential delays or shortfalls.
- Organise and oversee transport arrangements and supplier agreements, minimising costs and maximising efficiency in line with Pukka’s Environmental Policies and Climate Care action plan.
- Support the logistics of the role by not only managing supplier performance and KPI’s but also oversee the arrangements of importing raw materials, ensuring all organic transaction certificates and shipping documents are available at point of entry to the UK.
- Manage the Accounts and be the first point of contact for Bulk Herb customers and be responsible for the processing of Bulk Herb sales orders with close liaison with the respective customer account handler.
- Champion Pukka’s Mission; Aims, and Objectives and Values.
You will have experience gained in role within an import and export of sea, road and air freight and a knowledge of customs clearance procedures and requirements. Experience of stock control, customer account management and knowledge of supply chain systems and processes from supplier to consumer is desirable. You’ll be commercially aware and able to demonstrate a sensitivity to cultural differences.
A dynamic approach to problem solving is needed alongside, great computer skills, high levels of numeracy, good analytical skills and great attention to detail. You’ll be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, as well as comfortable to work at pace.
It’s quite a challenge we’ve set ourselves and only the most discerning, compassionate and purposeful can be part of our journey. You must embrace Pukka’s vision to connect people, plants and the planet and be capable of putting every effort into the results that enable us to make a difference.
If you’re intrigued and excited by what you’ve read so far, let’s see if you have what it takes to meet our uncompromising standards! If you’re not familiar with Pukka, grab a cuppa (preferably one of ours!) and check out the Pukka Planet to get a full understanding of who we are, what we do and why we do it.
To apply for this role please attach your answers to the four questions below along with your CV demonstrating why you are a brilliant fit for Pukka and this role. The following questions are an essential part of our application process so please ensure you submit these alongside your CV:
- Who are you?
- How do you relate to others?
- Heart or head?
- Describe your energy
Apply for Logistics Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly