Electrical Design Engineer
Our Client is a £10m plus turnover business based in Teesside, with an excellent reputation in their core business of High Voltage Protection Engineering together with systems integration for major capital projects in the Utilities sector.
They are going through a major period of expansion and now wish to appoint an additional Electrical Design Engineer at their Teesside office location.
Candidates must demonstrate sound experience in Electrical Design, preferably (but not necessarily) within the Utilities, Major Industrial or Renewable Energy sectors. Experience of High Voltage Protection would be a distinct advantage; however this is not essential as training and development in this discipline will be provided. Minimum qualification to HNC/ HND level in Electrical Engineering is required. A degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Design or related Engineering discipline would be an advantage. The opportunity to progress to Professional Engineer status within the Company is encouraged, and support provided accordingly.
Whilst operating within an established team, the position calls for a high degree of self motivation, and ability to work without close supervision.
Candidates should preferably be able to demonstrate experience in some or all of the following:
- Minimum qualification to HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- The confidence required to interact with client companies on a contractual basis, and respond positively
- An ability to use or interpret CAD programmes eg Autocad
- An ability to read, interpret and approve Technical Drawings, schedules and other Project related documents
- Experience of Project Management, planning and control
- Compilation of quotations
Personal attributes must include:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- IT literate with competent use of data
Similar opportunities also exist at our clients’ new Sheffield office. They are prepared to make several appointments, provided suitable candidates can be identified.
Guide salary is £45k, with more available for an exceptional candidate.