Maths Education Editor
Part-Time (8-20 hours per week)
Initial contract until mid-October 2018, with strong possibility of extension.
Maths Education Editor required for education publisher ZigZag Education in their busy office in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol.
Very exciting role at a successful secondary education publisher where you will be responsible for the publication of new teaching resources for A Level and GCSE Maths. Coordinating a team of internal writers, and liaising with external writers and checkers, you will be responsible for:
- Planning research into specifications and sample assessment material to ensure resources fully match exam requirements
- Technically checking and reviewing content for accuracy, clarity and quality
- Reporting progress to senior management
- Working with the production department to oversee proofreading, editing, formatting/typesetting and publisher checks
- dealing with post-publication issues
We have developed an in-house training scheme specifically for this role; starting with high intensity training, subsequent mentoring and feedback with further training modules to give you a comprehensive understanding of each part of the role.
Starting pay is dependent on experience. For example, senior examining experience, proven track record of successfully managing a large workload and multiple projects.
ZigZag Education is a Bristol-based educational publisher. You will be working with a professional team dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards in which every member of the team is excellent at contributing within their role. As such you will need to demand the highest standards of yourself and have pride in what you do. As an educational publisher we require a person with a very strong academic background. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated this through excellent GCSEs, A Levels and a degree. You are required to complete a six-month probationary period.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- Good communication skills including maintaining good relationships with external checkers and clear communication to the internal team. Ability to communicate with a wide range of positions including Document Formatters, Commissioning Editors and at Director level.
- Excellent organisational and reporting skills
- Excellent technical mathematical knowledge
- Professional and concise written English for communication with authors and management
- Generally strong ICT and English skills.
- Knowledge of the UK educational system, including teaching experience of both GCSE and A Level Maths
Minimum Application Requirements
- strong A Level results including grade A or A* in double mathematics (highest grade available)
- Maths degree or equivalent
- at least 5 years’ experience in full-time employment
Additional Desirable Requirements
- Senior examining experience