We are looking to recruit a Maintenance person to ensure the appearance of the Home are maintained to the highest possible standards and to ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
To carry out repairs and maintenance tasks in all areas of the Home as requested by team members and the Home Manager.
- To understand and meet statutory and legal requirements such as Food Safety, Health and Safety, COSHH, Fire Safety, to maintain a safe environment throughout the Care Home
- To walk the home daily, identify any problems and carry out specific maintenance and regular safety checks, including weekly fire equipment, lift and tests, keeping accurate, up to date records of the checks. Reporting any deficiencies to the Home Manager and deal with repairs etc as appropriate
- Create a preventative maintenance programme of monthly, quarterly, 6 monthly and annual works
- To respect residents at all times, especially their individual right to privacy, dignity and choice, incorporating residents’ needs and requirements into your work routine so that Carebase is pleasant to both live and work
- To liaise with the Home Manager ensuring the Care Home is maintained in good decorative order, the Carebase environment is comfortable, friendly and has a ‘homely’ feel for the Residents
- Liaise with service contractors for specific service maintenance and obtain at least two quotes for any additional works required to be undertaken
- To be constantly vigilant to ensure that the Care Home is kept immaculate and smooth running, encouraging a high level of morale for both service users & team members.
- Experience in DIY and gardening
- Basic numeracy and good record keeping skills
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge
- A clean drivers licence
- Good communication skills
- Approachable and friendly, able to work in a team
- Ability to work unsupervised, able to plan and prioritise own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Qualifications in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, decorating or Health and Safety (desirable)