Our client has identified an opportunity for a Quality Controller to join their Poynton site.
They will be responsible for ensuring all products are manufactured in accordance with approved procedures and quality standards.
Quality Controller Main Responsibilities & Key Tasks:
• Quality Assurance Inspection of a wide range of Electronic, Electrical and Mechanical equipment to aerospace and IPC standards. Conversant with technical drawings, wiring schematics and test specifications.
• Responsible for the training & monitoring of shop floor inspection staff, coaching Production staff to ensure adherence to quality of products, documentation (including test procedures) and processes.
• Controlling and enforcing Goods Inward Inspection (GII) process.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to Manage, record and drive to closure Non-Conformance issues and processes whilst aiding in the population and maintenance of metrics/KPIs.
• Carrying out workplace audits and act on issues found to ensure standards are complied with via training and Action Reports.
• Be an active member of the Workplace ESD Compliance controlling team.
• Working with Supervision to ensure requirements of COSHH legislation are followed and the integrity of the Business Management System is maintained.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Time Served Skilled Electrician/Electronics Technician.
• IPC 610 Trained/Certified
• A working knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001 and AS9100 standards preferable.
• Educated to reasonable level GCSE (Including Maths and English).
• ONC/HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Able to interpret engineering drawings, BOMs and wiring schedules.
• Understand component identification codes (resistors, capacitors, ICs etc.)
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint) familiar.
• Good written & verbal communication skills
Suitable skills / experience: Quality Inspector, Electronics Technician, Electrician, Quality Technician
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Quality Controller job click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.