Expediting Team Leader
New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for an Expediting Team Leader to join the team based in Todmorden. We are offering a competitive salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
The Expediting Team Leader Role
The Expediting Team Leader is responsible for controlling, managing and expediting purchased parts from direct and Intercompany suppliers to help achieve a strong customer On Target In Full (OTIF).
The purchasing department are responsible for various procurement functions including converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders within Weir Minerals Europe which is comprised of WMR head office in Todmorden plus 16 sales and distribution centers across central Europe. The expediting team is responsible for having material available to the agreed lead time, at the agreed and quantity from the point of conversion requisition to purchase order.
Key Responsibilities as our Expediting Team Leader:
- Use the monthly Master Schedule produced in planning to understand and action monthly purchased part requirements
- Track and report adherence to the plan. Optimise the projects critical path and when constrained, prioritises, action and communicates/escalates resolutions to the business.
- Review MRP output and report/escalate anomalies accordingly.
- Work closely with the VSP and planning teams to understand any shifting priorities and make sure these are actioned promptly.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to track/review and escalate poor performance as required.
- Attend MOA/MEA meetings to understand the priorities for purchasing. Communicate any known capacity issues/availability/timing concerns to the team and that could potentially impact LT if not investigated prior to order acceptance.
- Manage team of 3 expeditors to ensure all the objectives are met, measured and delivered on a monthly basis.
- Ensure supplier OTIF for both directs and Interco is measured, actioned and distributed both internally and externally
- Ensure that suppliers complete and update an order book confirmation weekly Identify under-performing suppliers and set up a first stage development plan and a set timeframe for improvement on minor issues.
- Standardise where possible processes for directs and processes for Interco. Create SOP’s. Ensure the department adheres to process and instructions in line with the QMS/ISO audit requirements.
- Identify spikes in AF and work closely with planning, inventory and purchasing to carry out root cause analysis and recommend a solution to smooth out the demand for AF requests
Our ideal Expediting Team Leader:
- Masters degree level (desirable)
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in (technical) B2B industry
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with international contracts
- A minimum of 3 years international experience in a capital equipment/solution driven organization
- Knowledge of contract law and commercial terms and conditions
- Working experience and/or educational background in accordance with IPMA/PRINCE2 standards
- At least 5 years relevant expediting experience in engineering/manufacturing preferably with some buying or supply side account management experience
- Experience with SAP systems at key level.
- A completed, or in progress, APICS (or equivalent) certification
In return we offer the following:
- £27-30k per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Expediting Team Leader.