Crowne Plaza is one of the world's largest upscale hotel brands and has properties located in major urban centres, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe. We have an opportunity for a Chief Engineer to join the team based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week, looking after our Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Express properties. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on experience.
As our Chief Engineer, you will manage the engineering/maintenance operations of the two hotels to ensure safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. Follow brand standards and national and/or local regulatory requirements. May have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function.
Our Chief Engineer duties and key responsibilities include:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, and capital planning.
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts, and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with national and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carry out preventive maintenance programme to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests.
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
To become our Chief Engineer, you will have the below skills and experience:
- College or advanced vocational training
- Four years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialised expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required
- Hotel experience preferred
- Professional certification and license if required by law
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Chief Engineer, please click ‘apply’ today.