Stores and Despatch Supervisor
1 day left
- Full Time
Stores and Despatch Supervisor
Superb opportunity for a warehousing professional with a valid Counterbalance and Reach FLT Licence to join the busy and hardworking team within the fast paced Stores and Despatch function at Calder. If you thrive on motivating colleagues whilst working efficiently and effectively as part of a team, this role provides the perfect career opportunity.
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
So, what will the role of Stores and Despatch Supervisor entail?
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for supervising the team of 3-6 employees within the company’s Stores and Despatch function, ensuring all receipts and shipments made into and out of the company are accurate. Duties will include although not be limited to:
- Planning and coordinating incoming of goods, storage and despatch
- Ensuring goods are ready for despatch with all correct paperwork, and trailers are loaded safely and on time
- Administering orders and delivery of paperwork accurately
- Ensuring effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management, including space allocation and dealing with non-conforming products
- Monitoring and maintaining adequate and appropriate stock levels
- Ensuring direct reports are fully competent in all areas of the stores and despatch department, and that NVQ training is on target for completion
- Maintaining the supplier database, ensuring up to date price and lead time information
- Managing the ERP system
- Ensuring team member adherence to company policies including holiday, sickness absence and timekeeping
What will I need to be considered for this Stores and Despatch Supervisor vacancy?
- Previous supervisory experience within a busy warehouse environment
- A valid Counterbalance and Reach FLT Licence, renewed since 2015
- Ability to motivate and effectively work with a team
- Superb problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach to work and ability to prioritise workload with changing demands
- IT literacy with knowledge of Excel and warehousing systems
- Understanding of current Health and Safety regulations
An NVQ in Warehouse Management or similar qualification is highly desirable.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of an experienced team within a reputable and highly successful global manufacturing business.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (although weekly pay), level dependent on experience.
Enhanced Benefits: Contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
This Stores and Despatch Supervisor vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Stores and Despatch Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly