The Accounts Clerk will focus predominantly on the purchase ledger side of the business but will be required to cover other areas in finance such as receivables, generating and issuing purchase orders and general assistance to the Finance Manager when necessary. The role requires communication with internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure that multi-currency invoices are processed in a timely manner and queries are kept to a minimum.
- Raising and issuing of Purchase Orders to the supplier in line with business requirements
- Processing of daily purchase invoices for direct materials, indirect goods and services
- Accuracy and attention to detail of input of multi-currency documents, payments and receipts
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations for all supplier accounts
- Ensuring accurate supplier details and accounting references are maintained
- Liaisons with Goods inwards and Production Control coupled with GRNI reporting to ensure correct matching and approval of purchase invoices
- Ensuring processed invoice records are kept up to date
- Working with other departments to ensure invoices under query are resolved in a timely manner
- Provide payables information through reporting as required
- Support on elements of sales ledger, including payment allocations, issuing of monthly statements, self-bill reconciliation and any queries which may arise
- Support when required to arrange travel booking etc.
- General administrative duties within the department eg. Greeting visitors, opening and distribution of daily post, tannoy and switchboard etc.
Qualifications/Training, Knowledge & Skills Required for Role of Accounts Clerk
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Numerate with attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Experienced in using Excel spreadsheets