Maintenance Manager (Caravan Parks)
Maintenance Manager (Caravan Parks)
Do you have superb leadership qualities accompanied by hands on maintenance experience gained in the leisure industry, particularly with moving and siting caravans? If so, and you would relish the opportunity to work as part of a thriving business, managing and developing an established maintenance team, then this role provides the perfect opportunity for you to put your experience, high standards and strong work ethic to good use.
Who will I be working with?
SF Parks is a well-established family run operator of caravan parks in North Wales, with an expanding portfolio of sites including the following;
Seldons Golden Gate Holiday Centre is a family orientated static caravan park set in beautiful surroundings in Towyn, North Wales. The park has been established for over 17 years and hosts in excess of 500 caravans along with facilities such as a traditional fish and chip shop, amusement arcade, family restaurant and an adventure play area.
Sirior Bach Caravan Park is a beautiful luxury static caravan park, with over 170 caravan bases spread across 19 acres in a peaceful countryside setting near Abergele in North Wales.
Whitehouse Leisure Park is a family orientated holiday park located on the stunning North Wales coast in Towyn, and sites over 300 caravans.
So, what will the role of Maintenance Manager entail?
Working within the busy holiday park settings, as the Maintenance Manager you’ll be leading a team of seven Grounds Maintenance Operatives and Gas Engineers/Plumbers, taking ownership of departmental delivery of a proactive and efficient onsite service to high standards. This role will also require a hands on approach.
- Leading, motivating, managing and developing the team
- Working closely with the Aftersales team to plan departmental work on a weekly basis, ensuring appropriate resources available and organising the team rota
- Siting caravans onto relevant bases on the holiday park and at nearby sister parks
- Ensuring caravans are level and anchored down in accordance with relevant current siting legislation and protocols
- Inspecting and ensuring the team maintain high standards of park grounds presentation
- Maintaining computerised records and ensuring compliance with health and safety, and sales guidelines
- Taking ownership of and resolving customer queries in relation to maintenance
- Managing the maintenance budget and ensuring best value is achieved by reducing wastage
- Arranging transport with external providers
- Organising work with external contractors as required
- Planning winter maintenance projects
- Carrying out general park and caravan maintenance tasks as you required
What will I need to be considered for this Maintenance Manager role?
- Proven experience leading a maintenance team within the leisure industry, including experience moving and siting caravans
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong character with a friendly and helpful personality, and the ability to effectively lead, motivate and manage a team
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast paced environment whilst being pro-active and maintaining a high level of team productivity, and attention to detail at all times
- Health and safety awareness, and as this can be an extremely physical role you must be able and prepared for heavy lifting and movement of heavy caravans
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of an ambitious family run business, where your efforts and strong work ethic will be noticed and rewarded.
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 plus discretionary performance bonus
Benefits Access to company pool vehicle, and mobile phone
Contract Type: Permanent contract, full time hours which will include working on Sundays during the busy holiday season. Flexibility is required to be on-call to deal with maintenance emergencies.
Location: Towyn (Conwy County, North Wales). Although you will also be overseeing maintenance activity and personnel based at other Company parks in North Wales.
This Maintenance Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Seldons Golden Gate Holiday Centre. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Seldons Golden Gate Holiday Centre, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Seldons Golden Gate Holiday Centre requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Maintenance Manager (Caravan Parks)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly