Transport Coordinator - Barnsley
With a fleet of over 120 vehicles working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment completing over 5,000 deliveries nationwide each week, our client is looking to employ an experienced Transport Coordinator to join their existing team to further strengthen and support growth within the organisation.
This position will suit a person with transport and vehicle routing knowledge.
The key responsibilities will include:
• Planning the drivers and fleet both onsite and at the regional out-based depots to achieve set planned deliveries nationwide.
• Efficient routing of the fleet to maximise and maintain customer service whilst ensuring legal compliance with driver working hours and fuel utilisation.
• Assisting the rest of the team in other functions within the office.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
• Knowledge of Auto-Route (or similar routing package) and a good national geographical knowledge would be an advantage.
• Experience of planning vehicles nationwide would be an advantage.
• A background in transport operations.
You will be:
• Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
• Able to manage your own work time to achieve timed daily duties.
• Able to work within a small team.
• Able to pass instructions on directly to the drivers.
Online Advert for VO1741
Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Job Category: Transport
Working Hours: 41.25 per week between the hours of 8.00am – 9.00pm to suit the business.
In order for your application to be taken further please state your required salary. If you would like to join the team please apply online for this Transport Coordinator role with your CV and covering letter quoting reference number VO1741.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Transport Coordinator role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.