A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
An exciting opportunity within our internal recruitment team is now available at our sales office in Manchester! Working within our busy internal recruitment team, you will support the growth of the business by attracting the best talent.
Aside from recruitment delivery there will be opportunities to lead project work to aid your development and enhance your career.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Recruiting high performing sales professional for our Manchester sales office
- Attracting the best candidates to AO using a variety of techniques such as direct sourcing, job boards, headhunting etc.
- Liaising with hiring managers to fully understand their needs and requirements
- Constantly building strong relationships with employees across the business
- Managing the full recruitment process from advertising, sourcing, interviewing and on boarding
- Constantly building a future talent pipeline for roles within the business
- Closely manage recruitment agency relationships when needed
- Various recruitment administration and on boarding administration tasks
A few things about you
- Proven track record of headhunting candidates
- Experience of interviewing candidates is essential
- Strong ability to manage multiple roles and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at different levels
- Commercial acumen
- Sound understanding of the local labour market
- Sales recruitment experience is essential, ideally for sales professionals
- Volume recruitment experience
- Sales experience would be a huge advantage
- Internal recruitment experience would be a huge advantage
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
- 33 days holiday – Including Bank Holidays for the perfect work/life balance
- New Year bonus for 100% attendance – (subject to start date)
- Free breakfasts, snacks & drinks all day, every day, plus heavily subsidised lunches
- Hugely discounted NCP car parking
- A hugely discounted gym membership
- Childcare vouchers to take care of the little people
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package for those with a new arrival (subject to length of service)
- A cycle to work scheme to encourage wellbeing
- Staff discount on ao. com products
- Contributory company pension scheme
- A world-class management training program
- Our Engage Me programme – we’ll stump up 50% of the cost of any activity you fancy doing with your work friends. So far we’ve done everything from snowboarding to scuba diving.
- Huge companywide social events every year…because we like to play hard as well as work hard
- Make a Difference days – 2 extra days paid leave to spend helping out a charity or worthy cause of your choice