Functional Skills Tutor
Mantra Learning has an opportunity available for a Functional Skills Tutor to join our friendly team. This role will be based across our centres in Middleton, Warrington, Stockport and Hulme. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £16,000 - £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
Mantra Learning has been offering learning and skills programmes to support the logistics, automotive and business sectors for over 40 years. The philosophy at Mantra is to provide people from all walks of life with practical skills and knowledge, enabling them to impact on business.
About the Functional Skills Tutor role
You will be expected to work within the Employability and Skills for Life Team department, delivering IT, English, Maths and Employability qualifications, creating individual learning plans and reviewing of learner progress relating to these learning programmes. You will also be responsible for the assessment and testing of learners. Knowledge of Learndirect will be advantageous.
You will be required to inspire a wide range of learners in cohorts at our learning centres, in the work place, at customer’s locations across the North West and remotely using both online and offline skills support materials
What are the responsibilities of the Functional Skills Tutor?
- Deliver and assess Functional Skills and Employability learning support across a wide range of programmes.
- Ensure that your delivery of Functional Skills and Employability aspires to ‘Outstanding’ in relation to Ofsted inspection criteria, awarding bodies and external contracts.
- Record the delivery of functional skills learning and maintain learner records to ensure audit requirements are met.
- Provide learner support through a variety of means including face-to-face, telephone, internet and email.
- Provide learners with initial advice and guidance regarding appropriateness of courses and establish records and learning goals suited to the learner’s needs
- Induct learners into the learndirect environment, courses and systems where appropriate.
- Conduct and administer examinations to awarding body standards.
- Work with all relevant staff in the development of Functional Skills learning resources and learning programmes.
- Promote Functional Skills learning in a manner that it becomes an activity valued by the employers and learners we work with.
- Support departmental management in ensuring that the department is working to funding target and meet own KPI’s.
- Undergo personal development to maintain and develop skills relevant to the job role and as required by contracts for funded learning.
- Develop and maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary Skills for Life development theory and methods.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Be prepared to travel and work flexibly in providing support for learners across the North West.
Our ideal Functional Skills Tutor will have the following skills & experience:
- ICT, English and Maths qualifications all at L2 or above
- PTLLS or equivalent
- Experience of working on learndirect contracts/Skills Funding Agency contract
- Delivering and supporting programmes for the unemployed
- Ability to motivate learners in Functional Skills.
- Able to support learning in a variety of contexts.
- Be able to support the delivery of ICT courses and willing to develop your capability and qualifications in this area.
- Computer literate.
- Full clean driving license is essential.
- L5 Teaching Qualification
- Achieved or currently working toward Level 3/4 Subject Support Tutor in Literacy and/or Numeracy and or ICT
- Advice and Guidance L3 or above
If you would like to join the team as our new Functional Skills Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Mantra Learning Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from women and men, regardless of race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.