4 days left
- Full Time
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking for a Workshop Technician for Motor Vehicle & Agricultural Machinery to come and join our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £17,302 - £22,229 per annum.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development.
We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing team.
About the Workshop Technician for Motor Vehicle & Agricultural Machinery role
Working alongside our Workshop Manager, you will maintain the College’s machinery and engineering equipment to a high and safe standard in order to support the provision of high quality teaching and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities of our Workshop Technician will include;
- To maintain the Engineering workshops to be safe and tidy and operate in a professional manner at all times as directed by the workshop manager and Curriculum Manager – Engineering.
- To undertake a range of service and repair activities for College equipment and vehicles as directed by the workshop manager.
- To support with the supervision and daily work activities of engineering apprentice(s) as required.
- To maintain and repair teaching equipment in the machinery workshops and motor vehicle practical areas as directed by the workshop manager / Curriculum Manager – Engineering.
- To prepare resources for practical sessions and evening classes in liaison with the relevant member of staff for each of the above areas.
- To maintain and operate an equipment repair log so that work and repairs can be prioritised as necessary.
- To maintain inventories for all equipment in the Engineering division to ensure efficient use and safe practice is followed. Assist in ensuring operating manuals and training is in place for equipment users.
- To ensure that all activities undertaken by students in this area have appropriate risk assessments and comply with Health & Safety requirements.
What we’re looking for in our Workshop Technician
- Hold a vocational specific qualification at level 2 or above within the areas of Motor Vehicle, Engineering or Land Based Technologies
- Be able to support and guide individuals as required
- Be able to use initiative and work to a high level of autonomy
- Recognise and be prepared to work within a changing environment
- Be able to keep to deadlines
- Have a high awareness of the need to maintain and improves quality standards within a workshop environment
- Be aware and able to adhere to risk assessments within the workshop.
- Awareness of health and safety requirements
- Be prepared to work flexibly including occasional evenings and weekends.
In return as our Workshop Technician, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking.
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and would like to join us as the new Workshop Technician for Motor Vehicle & Agricultural Machinery then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th April by Midday.
Apply for Workshop Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly