SBC Global (Sports Betting Community) holds a strong position within the gaming and sports industries, providing a full range of services, including news coverage, media services, exhibitions, conferences, awards and charity events.
The company was founded in 2009 by Rasmus Sojmark who runs the company with managing director Andrew McCarron. Together with its sister business Oddslife, SBC Global has 30 employees, with headquarters in London, and offices in Manchester, Kiev (Ukraine) and Poznan (Poland).
We are expanding and looking for a writer to join our growing content team. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing organisation across news, media and events.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SBC is looking for an enthusiastic and talented writer to be based in its Greater Manchester Office.
The role will involve work across the two main B2B content websites; sbcnews.co.uk, which covers the betting and wider gambling industry, and esportsinsider.com, which deals with the esports industry.
Furthermore, there will be editorial work to support a series of successful and growing gaming industry events that we organise throughout the year. We also have a number of large clients within the two sectors for whom SBC provides news and feature content, such as bet365, EnergyBet, BetConstruct, SBTech, Sportito, and Bookmaker-ratings.com.
- Degree level qualification
- Exceptional writing & grammar
- Passion for sport
- Knowledge of betting an advantage
- 1-2 years career experience preferred but not compulsory for the right candidate
- Experience of wordpress an advantage
- interviewing people in a range of different circumstances;
- seeking out and investigating stories via contacts, press releases and other media;
- recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment;
- producing concise and accurate copy according to house style and to strict deadlines
- creating and uploading news content for the website
- attending a range of events, such as press launches, exhibitions and conferences - some international travel required
- Sourcing speakers for company events and conferences
All potential candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- a keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people;
- accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- good organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- an ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language;
- resilience, determination, flexibility, persistence, motivation and integrity.
- £14,500 pa