Practice Manager/Practice Administrator (Maternity Cover: 12 month contract)
TaxAssist Accountants is a fast growing accountancy and tax advice practice specialising in small business trading. We need a versatile and experienced administrator to provide one year maternity cover in a busy office environment handling all aspects of practice management and client liaison.
Location and Nature of Role
The Bath and West Wiltshire Office trades independently but forms part of a fast growing accountancy network. There is information about TaxAssist and how we work on our website (www. taxassist.co.uk /Bath). We have an open plan modern shopfront style office in Bath, close to the city centre.
The Practice Administrator works closely with the Director and needs to be a confident communicator in that regard, and also collaborates constantly with all other members of our team. The applicant would need to be presentable, comfortable in day to day dealings with clients by telephone and in person, and have a flexible approach to the variety of work which arises. Comparable experience is essential.
It is a substantial part time role of 3 days per week, with likely opportunity to work 4th day from time to time. Whole days preferred, normally 9-5pm. Salary in the range of £21,000 to £24,000 full time equivalent according to experience, pro rata down to the part time hours. 20 days paid holiday, pro rata to part time hours. Starting 1st June 2017. Earlier start might be possible. After an initial trial period the post will be on a fixed term contract basis running through to May 2018.
- Good verbal communication skills and a fluent and grammatical business writing ability
- Comfortable in a small business environment, one of a friendly collaborative team of 6 people
- Ability to follow procedures reliably and with initiative
- Evidence of an efficient and proactive organisational ability
- Practical experience in administrative matters, and in direct dealings with clients
- Experience with Excel required
- Current experience of MS Office
- A reliable attention to detail, numerate and comfortable with figures
- Experience of accountancy or professional service environment
- Experience with any of Access, Quickbooks, and of Social Media generally
Scope of Role
Take responsibility for a wide variety of tasks; including:
- Maintaining our internal databases
- Routine client communications and liaison to resolve queries, mainly by email and telephone
- Maintaining flow of client books and papers for accounts and tax returns
- Accurate invoicing to clients and management of Direct Debits
- Managing some company secretarial requirements for clients
- Preparation of quote information and set up of new clients with HMRC, and on our systems
- Managing the company diary with client meetings and communicating to clients
- Logging postal queries and following through to resolution
- Filing of paper and electronic materials for the office and clients
- Maintaining office supplies
Please email your CV along with a covering letter which summarises relevant experience, and states the earliest start date or notice period required. Please include current or past salary details and referee name(s). Send this initially via the Fish4Jobs website. Referees will not be contacted without applicants’ prior knowledge.
Apply for Practice Manager/Practice Administrator (Maternity Cover: 12 month contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly