Stores Person (Stock Management)
Stores Person (Stock Management)
If you thrive taking responsibility in an autonomous role and have superb organisation and time management skills along with a high level of attention to detail, then don’t miss this superb opportunity to join a growing business as part of a professional and busy team initially on an interim basis.
Calder Industrial Materials is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
Reporting to the Building Products and Materials Manager, as the Stores Person you’ll be responsible for the security of all materials stored on site, booking all shipments and goods received and controlling stock in and out. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Safeguarding all stock on site including yard areas
- Controlling access of any personnel to the stores area as necessary
- Processing the receipt of internal (finished goods) and external (supplier) deliveries into stores and the despatch of finished goods
- Updating the ERP system daily and ensuring all transactions are timely entered
- Undertaking maintenance of adequate and appropriate stock levels of all site consumables (Production and Maintenance)
- Performing stock counting (cycle counting) of product lines by rotation
- Maintaining adequate and appropriate stock levels of packaging materials
- Ensuring all goods are packed securely and safely and all paperwork is correct including CofC’s, advice notes, any special instructions etc., prior to despatch
- Undertaking general store duties such as ensuring that despatch/advice notes are up to date
- Coordinating regular and annual stocktake
- Organising the control and issue of lead stocks
- Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with, including CLAW Regulations and specific duties under them
To be considered for this Stores Person role you will have the following experience, skills, and attributes;
- Proven experience working with stock management systems and databases
- A current and valid Counterbalance and Reach FLT Licence
- Flexibility to work as and when required within stores and despatch
- Excellent organisation, time management and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- IT literacy with superb knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to complete designated tasks under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
Salary: £18,845 pro rata, rising to £21,028 pro rata if fixed term contract extended beyond initial 3 month period
Additional Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Hours of Work: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday & 08:30 – 12:30 Friday
Or 7:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term, initially for 3 months
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
This Stores Person vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Stores Person (Stock Management)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly