The fastest growing Toy Retailer in the UK is looking for a Systems Analyst to join their fantastic head office team based in Amersham.
The Entertainer is one of UK Retail's success stories with over 130 stores in the UK and a rapidly growing Online and International business. We have opened over 30 new stores in the past two years and we have ambitious growth plans for 2017. We are a family run company that truly cares about our people, our customers and the communities in which we trade. We have been named as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for and offer a friendly, supportive culture where training and development is put first to help you 'aim higher' in your career.
Reporting into the Senior Systems Analyst and working within the IT Services team the Systems Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and reporting on data stored across The Entertainer’s IT estate, as well as supporting our systems multi-channel, EPOS plus other hosted servers and data stores. The Systems Analyst will act as a key contact in handing over IT projects to the support function, including training of IT Support staff and key business users. Much of the role will involve report design and implementation plus analytical work and will involve liaising with staff at all levels within the business.
Responsibilities – Systems Analyst
- Perform ongoing data analysis and scheduled reporting ensuring data integrity
- Create documentation for support handover of projects
- Liaise with the wider support team regarding new projects and installations
- Report writing/provision of management information, both scheduled and ad-hoc
- Provide database and systems support for hosted information servers
- Support and analyse performance of Entertainer IT systems including EPOS & stock
- Liaise with Project Managers regarding system testing of new projects
- Ensuring smooth transition and implementation of new and improved systems
- Assist in the training of end users and IT support team
- Take an active part in Peak Support, extra reporting commitments and wider IT support escalation including some out of hours support
Required Skills – Systems Analyst
- Excel Advanced user including macros and some VBA
- Ideally Microsoft SQL skills and/or Microsoft qualification
- Ability to download and manipulate data from multiple systems
- Problem Solving skills and experience of data analysis
- Experience of supporting IT, ideally within a retail environment
- Previous exposure to multi-channel technologies
- Some experience or knowledge of EPOS systems, multi-channel web systems, Merchandising/PO Management Systems, Transactional Web Sites and Warehouse Systems
- Ability to train end users and technical staff in the use of systems
- Experience of support processes including reporting and tracking
Our Systems Analyst will be analytical and logical, comfortable working with both IT & business colleagues possessing a real passion and flair for data and numbers. With natural attention to detail our Systems Analyst will be inquisitive and comfortable in dealing with stakeholders working cross functionally solving problems and providing the best data led solutions. Our Systems Analyst may be a recent graduate currently in their first data, systems led role with a passion for computing and programming.
Our Systems Analyst will have an opportunity to join a successful family run, expanding brand. In return for your enthusiasm and analytical approach the company offer an autonomous role with a PRB bonus structure and a range of additional benefits including childcare vouchers, life cover and cycle to work scheme.
If you would enjoy being part of our success story then apply now to be considered for our Systems Analyst role.
Apply for Systems Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly