Rotating shifts, 4 on 4 off
Our client, one of the county's largest and most prestigious employers, and the UK's largest independently owned producer of prime and recycled polymers, is looking to appoint a Shift Leader. This is a great opportunity to display your leadership skills and willingness to take responsibility for decision making within this fast growing organisation, who employ lean techniques. Producing product to the required specification you will focus on HSSE, quality, compliance and continuous improvement in all aspects. Your positive attitude and ability to work on your own initiative, maximising the efforts of your team, will ensure the timely and effective flow of material from source through to Logistics.
- Meeting production requirements through the safe and effective use of staff, equipment and materials within agreed costs, timing and quality standards
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained at their highest level in line with Company policy
- Lead departmental team meetings in a positive and creative manner, responding to staff suggestions and developing a positive attitude to meetings
- Work closely with the Maintenance department, ensuring all machines are funning to full potential
- Identify improvements to reduce waste and improve production efficiency
- Staff management, development and discipline
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven experience in a similar role or the ability to command respect and lead
- Good all round IT skills
- A knowledge of 5S lean techniques would be an advantage
- Experienced shift worker
Full training will be given in the client's systems and further development in team leader skills where necessary.
You may live within a commutable distance from Louth, Wragby, Alford, Market Rasen, North Thorseby, Grimsby, Humberston, Laceby, Horncastle, Woodhall Spa