Bench Joiner / Carpenter
- Full Time
Bench Joiner / Carpenter
Are you a quality driven Bench Joiner / Carpenter who takes pride in having high personal standards, and would relish the opportunity work on unique and interesting projects? Due to increased workload a new role has been created within a thriving business based in Chester for an experienced Bench Joiner / Carpenter.
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
Reporting to the Fabrications Manager and working as part of a professional team, as a Bench Joiner / Carpenter you’ll be manufacturing high standard bespoke doors, frames, windows, architrave and free standing and built in screens. You will be working with a variety of woods from soft to hardwoods and door sets will be assembled and finished in-house for installation in the field by the company’s own specialist installers.
Your duties will include although not be limited to;
Making from client specifications;
- doors (single, double or custom size) and frames as complete door sets. Using door blanks from a variety of woods you will be manufacturing the door frames, which will then have the material, veneers, door banding and door furniture added. Some of the doors will need to contain vision panels made from glass
- windows from scratch
- free standing screens from scratch, some of which will contain vision panels and will be finished in a variety of veneers or finishes
- built in screens from scratch, some of which will contain vision panels
Occasionally you will be required to assist with indoor installations at customer sites in North West England including doors, windows, timber frame stud walls and plasterboard.
To be considered for this Bench Joiner / Carpenter role you MUST have the following experience, certification, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience as a Bench Joiner / Carpenter with considerable experience of fine finishes
- Valid and up to date Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
- Experience manufacturing door and window sets, and bonding veneers to doors
- Ability to read and work from drawings
- Ability to work to fine tolerances
- Ability to use the full set of wood working machinery, both power and hand tools
- Knowledge of working in an ISO 9001 environment
- Excellent timekeeping with the ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work offsite as required
- Full UK driving licence
The following is highly desirable, although not essential:
- Current FLT licence
- Experience using a board press
Additional Benefits: 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday, 7am to 4:30pm
Contracted Hours: 36 hours per week
This Bench Joiner / Carpenter vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.