Based in our Bristol Head Office, salary circa £30,000pa, (permanent contract, full time hours) and comes with a benefit package designed to nurture your wellbeing.
Pukka Herbs - creators of delicious organic herbal teas and incredible health supplements that take people on a journey of discovery to a healthier, happier life – is looking for a talented Graphic Designer.
So tell me about the role…
Our remarkable growth is down to many things – from the taste of our incredible organic teas through to the provenance of the herbs we use. Without doubt, our vibrant, colourful and beautiful look and feel has also played a massive part in our success, helping us stand out as a desirable must have on people’s shelves. Our marketing team are custodians of all visual material, whether that’s created in-house or externally, and this position plays a key role in upholding our high standards and developing our brand look.
What will I be doing?
You will be an essential link in the chain that delivers our brand plan to consumers and potential consumers far and wide. This important role is responsible for creating our print and digital designs, whether that’s outsourced to creative agencies or freelancers, delegated to our Junior Graphic Designer or designed yourself. Whilst our packaging design will remain outsourced to an outside agency (managed by our marketing team), you will be involved in plenty of creative origination.
This is an incredibly busy area as you’ll be working pro-actively with the Marketing teams to inject creative insight into our campaigns, coordinating design briefs from all over Pukka and ensuring all our collateral wows. For this reason, an essential part of this role will managing the production process to ensure the smooth working of our design function.
As guardian of our brand we’ll expect you to actively police for consistency and appropriate messaging and evolve our guidelines as necessary.
What kind of person are we looking for?
It’s quite a challenge we’ve set ourselves and only the most creative, passionate and resilient can be part of our journey. If you think that could be you, read on to see if you have what it takes.
- We need an experienced graphic designer who’s beyond degree equivalent qualified and has gained much of their experience working on FMCG brands, whether that’s agency or client side.
- You’ll have evolved the creative aspects of brands, developed brand guidelines, ensured consistency across creative, feel and comfortable in digital/online environments.
- You need to be happy working very hands-on as although there will be plenty of design origination jobs, a large part of the role requires artworking existing creative.
- You also need to show you have the project management and negotiation skills to manage a busy design function.
- As our Graphic Designer, you’ll know Adobe Creative Suite inside out, be a natural illustrator and have bags of photographic know-how. We’d love it if you also had some 3D skills too.
Your ability to remain organised, exacting and unflappable when working on multiple projects and briefs is a given at Pukka. So to say that you’re incredibly adept in these areas would be an understatement! Your success will be governed by the ease with which you work with a team:
- You’ll be confident and assertive, guiding our teams with your creative and design knowledge; and
- You’ll take full responsibility for the day to day management and long term development of our Junior Graphic Designer – you may not have specific line manager experience but you will have the necessary skills and desire to fulfil this aspect of the role.
And it goes without saying that you need to be passionate about Pukka and everything we stand for.
What should you do next?
If you’re not familiar with Pukka, grab a cuppa (preferably one of ours!) and check out the Pukka Planet to get a full understanding of who we are, what we do and why we do it.
If you think Pukka and this opportunity is for you, please apply below. Our process, a lot like Pukka, is a bit different so we think it’s important to tell you a little about it first. You’ll be taken to our application system and asked to register (which takes just a few seconds), then you’ll have the opportunity to create your profile and upload your CV – nothing special about it so far! Then, we’ll ask you to complete a few short assessments which should take about 5 minutes.
Finally, instead of a covering letter, please attach answers to the following questions:
- Who are you?
- How do you relate to others?
- Heart or head?
- Describe your energy
Closing date: Sunday 5th March 2016