HGV 7.5t Category C1 Driver
HGV 7.5t Category C1 Driver required for a Temp to Permanent position
H&G Recruitment are looking for professional 7.5t Driver (Category C1) to work on a Home delivery contract in Enfield, Middlesex. This would suit a driver who enjoys multi drop driving and has excellent communication skills and has plenty of experience working for different clients with a Home delivery background Training will be offered.
Requirements for this role:
- Delivering bathroom items to primarily to home addresses in the East and South East of England so candidate must be customer focused and friendly.
- 10 to 30 drops per day.
- Physical work but all vehicles are double manned so drivers would not go out on their own, driving is shared.
- Safe handling/delivering of customer's orders.
- Processing paperwork and the PDA correctly and accurately.
- Pre-delivery phone calls to the customer to keep them informed.
- Safe and conscientious driving.
- You will be working with the agency for 12 weeks, and after if your review is successful you will be accepted for the permanent position
- Working days are Tuesday to Saturday with a prompt 05.30am start for all drivers
- Long shifts usually around 12 hours per day
- Guaranteed 208 hours a month any driver who works over 208 hours in a month would be paid at time and a half.
- Rate of pay is £8.45 per hour up until 208 hours for the month then payment after that will be time and a half.
- We also have what we call expert rate which is paid at £0.50 pence per hour – you would be entitled to this if you complete the following from each previous month – No failed deliveries, no absence, no vehicle or property damage and no infringements.
- Also drivers get £15.00 per month paid allowance for own phone use, they will get this regardless if they used their mobile to make phone calls at work or not.
- Uniform and PPE will be provided for the successful candidate.
You must have:
- Full Category C1 - 2 years' experience required
- Driven a HGV lorry in the last 90 days
- Digital tacho card
- Full DCPC (35 hours)
- A good understanding of Drivers hours and regulations
- Good understanding of the working time directive
- Excellent geographical knowledge of UK road network and the London Lorry Scheme
- Flexible approach to work
- Customer focused attitude
- Superb presentation standards
- A willingness to learn
If this sounds like the job for you don't delay in applying. Call 0208 596 5392(local rates apply) or email your interest & details/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
H&G Recruitment are one of the country's fastest growing and leading logistic and HGV C+E Class 1, C Class 2 driver and industrial recruitment experts in the supply chain, we have large key account contracts with some of the largest blue chip distribution companies, national hauliers and supermarket chains in the country. Since 2003 H&G Recruitment have offered a caring and considerate service to their workforce; come and be part of our winning team - so why delay APPLY today
Apply for HGV 7.5t Category C1 Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly