Health and Safety Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Health and Safety Officer, based Hortonwood, Telford, offering a salary of £25,000 plus excellent company benefits.
The role of Health & Safety Officer is responsible for the monitoring and constant improvement of the Epson Telford sites Health and Safety systems in line with legislation and also guideline as set by the British Safety Council. In addition the role holder must play an active part in the environmental management control at Epson Telford Ltd in support of the Health and Safety Specialist.
The ideal Health & Safety Officer:
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Minimum 3 years H&S experience
- Experience of working to ISO14001 standards
- Experience of working within Fast Moving Manufacturing environment
- Experience of BSC 5 stare awarded or ISO45001 would be advantageous
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Health and Safety Specialist in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of all staff and visitors
- Provide advice and guidance company wide on H&S matters inclusive of being responsible for outlining safe operational procedures that identify all relevant hazards and accurately assess risks
- Ensure maintenance of third party H&S standards (British Safety council / ISO45001)
- Ensure activities as stated within the annual New Epson Safety Programme business plans are actioned, and feedback to both Senior Management and Seiko Epson Japan (i.e. Quarterly reviews) - focus being on prevention and pro-activeness
- Schedule, co-ordinate and effectively document the following to assure maintenance and continuous improvements in H&S systems
- Document Health and safety controls (in line with ISO45001) and all audits / investigations are documented considering compliance and data protection
- Investigate, document and follow up all accidents, incidents and unsafe acts to ensure immediate improvement and recurrence prevention
- Carry out safety training, as and when necessary, including all training related to workplace assessments
- Chair Health and Safety Rep meetings, coordinate actions and assure regular updates / skill up of the Health and safety team
- Ensure regular and concise H&S communication utilising all mediums possible and assure annual reviews are completed on all related H&S policies
- Support H&S specialist to develop preventative and remedial programmes of health & safety.
- Support H&S Specialist and Head of QSHE in the annual setting of Environmental objectives and targets
- Responsible for the control, monitoring and registration of all chemicals utilised via the use of the ECHEM and COSHH systems and co-ordination with Seiko Epson Corporation
- Support in third Party ISO14001 audits and complete internal Environmental audits as specified
- Stand in for H&S Specialist when required (i.e. Deputy Site registrar)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of respective monthly KPI’s assuring accuracy and evident PDCA
- Ensure ALL reports / Activities are completed to Deadline dates as established on QSHE reporting checklist
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Epson Telford Limited's - Quality Management, Environmental Management and Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and all statutory legislation associated with those.
- Company wide auditor for H&S, Environmental and 5S.
The H&S Officer must keep abreast of all external policies with regard to Health and Safety, 5S, Security, Environment etc, and appropriate legislation and ensure that they reflect a professional company image.
The nature of this role covers are wide range of subjects covering company wide systems and as such requires high levels of professionalism, creativity and excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to encourage and enthuse involvement – this individual should reflect best practice.
Other General Tasks include:
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Legislation at all time.
- Ensuring that all section activities are covered by procedures in accordance with ISO9002
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Epson Telford Ltd's Quality Management, Environmental Management.
- Any other duties as and when required
Hours of work:
- Standard day shift (8:30am to 5pm)