Regional Health and Safety Advisor / Coach
1 day left
- Full Time
Regional Health and Safety Advisor / Coach
Competitive Salary + Car + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
About the role
Our client is the UK's leading retirement house builder with a 70% share of the owner-occupied retirement housing market.
Since 1977, the company has sold c.50,000 award-winning apartments in more than 1,000 different locations. They currently have c.160 developments under construction or for sale in the UK and are proud to be the only UK house builder to have been awarded the NHBC's 5* rating for customer satisfaction for 11 years running.
At the very heart of this success is their people's desire to enrich the lives of customers. They have fantastic people who care about the work they do and are proud to work for the company, and this is where you come in.
As the Regional Health & Safety Advisor/Coach you will assist the Company in making the transition from The CDM Regulations 2007 to CDM 2015. You will assist the statutory duty holders for allocated projects, providing additional occupational health and safety support as is necessary. Ensure that suitable arrangements are made and implemented for the coordination of occupational health and safety measures during planning, preparation and construction phases across allocated projects. In addition, you will assist the Temporary Works Coordinator with safety related information for allocated projects and support the continual improvement in the management of occupational health and safety across the company.
Some of the key responsibilities within the role include:
- As a minimum fulfil provide health and safety advice to the region's offices, construction sites and developments.
- Assist the Temporary Works Coordinator, encouraging and developing links with temporary works designers by actively liaising with the principal contractor to ensure safe design.
- Ensure adequate arrangements are in place for pro-actively managing the occupational health, safety and environmental aspects for allocated projects.
- Identify and collect pre-construction information and advise if further pre-construction identification and assessment technique is required.
- Promptly provide to those involved with the design of the structure and to every contractor (including the Region as the Principal Contractor) such parts of the preconstruction information which are relevant to each.
- Manage the flow of health and safety information between the client and the Region as they fulfil the duty holder roles of designers and principal contractors
- As a matter of routine ensure the design team considers risk issues and those relevant issues are recorded.
- On matters of occupational health and safety coordination, be ready to question decisions that support sensible risk mitigation strategy.
- Support suitable risk identification and assessment to ensure suitable arrangements for projects, how they will be delivered by the team to achieve project occupational health, safety and other related project benefits, and how they will be reviewed and maintained throughout the whole life of the project.
- Collaborate with the project team for maintaining the flow of relevant occupational health and safety related information throughout the lifetime of the project to make sure that what is needed reaches the right people at the right times.
- Promote the suitability and compatibility of designs, actively seeking the co-operation of designers at all project phases when dealing with the risk consequences of construction and workplace design decisions.
- Conduct investigations as required.
- Design and deliver occupational health and safety training and similar activities to influence a change in behaviour as per the Health and Safety Policy.
- Assist and advise the appointment of competent contractors, and designers and the adequacy of management arrangements.
- Ensure proper coordination of the health and safety aspects of the design process, including providing relevant information to Designers and Contractors, coordinating the flow of information between them and the company, and cooperating with others involved in the project.
- Facilitate good communication and cooperation between project team members, including other departments, the designers, contractors and liaise with the Region regarding ongoing design work;
- Support a positive proactive corporate attitude towards improving occupational health and safety within the design and construction phase of project lifecycle.
To be successful within this role you will hold, as a minimum, NEBOSH Construction certificate or similar. You will be a member of a recognised professional body such as; IOB, ICS, IBSE, APS, IOSH, or similar with demonstrable evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
You will have sufficient experience as a CDM Coordinator or CDM Advisor and experience of CDM and CDMC process. Experience in a construction related role or occupational health and safety role would be an advantage.
Our client offers a competitive salary plus benefits which include contributory pension scheme and a car for the role.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit you CV and a covering letter online.
Closing date: 7 February 2017
Apply for Regional Health and Safety Advisor / Coach
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly