Caretaker with flat
Job Title: Caretaker
Employing Body: The Methodist Church at Coventry Central Hall
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Coventry
Responsible to: Business co-ordinator
Purpose of the job: To provide a live-in caretaking and cleaning role for the church and conference centre
- To keep the building clean and tidy to a high standard, using cleaning rotas as appropriate;
- To help keep the toilets clean to a high standard and to continue to check them throughout the day when on duty
- To set up rooms for events and bookings, according to the directions of the Business co-ordinator or other members of the Conference Team
- Identify cleaning items and any other resources that are low in stock and inform the correct members of the Conference Team for re-ordering
- To ensure that corridors, passageways, staircases and other thoroughfares are kept clear of all obstructions, informing the Business Co-ordinator of anything that cannot be cleared.
- To ensure the building is locked and secured as required
- At all times to act professionally and courteously towards clients and members of the public;
- Any other duties and responsibilities, identified by the Minister or Business co-ordinator as are within your capabilities and level of responsibility, in order to meet the needs of the Church and/or Conference Team.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms of appointment: Permanent
- Salary will be £5,264 per annum plus provision of a flat on site (based on a sixteen hour week). Overtime will be paid at £8.45 per hour.
- Accommodation is provided. You are required to live in the accommodation for the better performance of your duties.
- There is a contributory pension scheme to which eligible lay employees will be auto enrolled. Lay employees who do not meet the auto enrolment criteria are eligible to join the scheme subject to certain provisions.
- The working pattern is flexible according to the needs of the business but not to exceed 37.5 hours per week.
- Negotiation and flexibility in working hours is necessary by agreement with the Business co-ordinator, taking into account the needs of the business.
- 28 days annual leave entitlement.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring (DBS) Disclosure.
- Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probationary period