Stock Control Analyst
Stock Control Analyst, Huddersfield
Myers Building Supplies has an opportunity for a Stock Control Analyst to join the Purchasing Team based in Huddersfield. The successful Stock Control Analyst will receive a competitive salary along with benefits including pension and private health care.
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family owned Myers Group.
As our Stock Control Analyst you will be responsible for Inventory forecasting to cover all future supplier order requirements. You will have the ability to analyse past sales trends and patterns, in order to influence planning decisions in the short/medium and long term. Building stakeholder relationships is key to this role.
Stock Control Analyst essential duties and key responsibilities:
- Ability to analyse sales data including seasonal patterns to develop suitable forecasts and maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Manage portfolio suppliers, ordering daily.
- Reviewing overstocks for potential corrective actions.
- Production of ad-hoc reports as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for our ideal Stock Control Analyst:
- Advanced analytical and numeracy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer liaison skills.
- High levels of PC literacy (Microsoft Excel essential).
- Understanding of inventory control principles and concepts.
- Positive, hands on approach with an eagerness to improve working methods and efficiencies.
- Professional, responsible approach to reflect the responsibility the position carries.
- Adaptability/flexibility will be an important asset, in order to fit comfortably into an ever-changing, dynamic role.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our procurement team as a Stock Control Analyst please click ‘Apply’ today.
Huddersfield is commutable from Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax and surrounding areas.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.