Cash Converters, the largest chain of second hand shops in the world is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to become part of the friendly and hardworking team based in the rapidly growing Grimsby store as a General Assistant.
Cash Converters is the largest chain of second hand shops in the world, with over 700 stores across 21 countries worldwide. In the UK alone, we have more than 200 shops, comprised of franchise outlets and corporately owned shops
As our General Assistant you will be working within our small team to build excellent rapport with our customers, providing a high standard of customer service and be confident with up selling and cross selling techniques to clinch every sale possible. We are looking for right individual who has the passion and drive for achieving sales targets and beyond, and one that thrives on excelling within their role. Your role will also be to actively promote our services, especially helping new customers who are not familiar with our range of service.
Key responsibilities of a General Assistant include:
- Demonstrate products and explain how they match the customers’ individual needs to achieve retail sales and alternative products must be provided to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Knowledge of new and existing stock must be researched to keep up to date with product knowledge ensuring that customers needs and expectations are met.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills to trade effectively, maximising cross selling and up selling opportunities to ensure that all store sales targets are achieved.
- To ensure that the sales floor and window displays are maintained to company standards, using the current promotional point of sale merchandise ensuring that company merchandising briefs and standards expectations are met.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of housekeeping standards both on the sales floor and back of house to ensure that company expectations are met.
Key skills required of a General Assistant include:
- Have an outgoing personality and enjoy interacting with customers
- Excellent communication and listening skills are essential
- Attention to detail and good time management skills
- Good PC skills
- Working under pressure
- Team Orientation but able to work on own initiative
- Strong numerical and written capabilities
- Preferred previous face to face customer service experience
- A grounding in the latest technology (phones, laptops etc) is an advantage but not essential as full training is provided
To be successful you must have transport to Grimsby Town (where training will be undertaken).
If you think this role is for you and you have the required skills, please apply with your CV and covering letter, providing details of your current salary and expectation for this role.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful candidates within one week.
Apply for General Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly