CNC Team Leader (Shift)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CNC Team Leader to join Corin based in Cirencester, Gloucestershire.
Corin is a global leader in orthopaedic innovation, specialising in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of cutting edge artificial implant solutions for hip, knee and ankle replacement. Founded in Cirencester in the UK in 1985, our products are now distributed globally through subsidiaries in the USA, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Germany, Austria and Italy, as well as through an extensive distributor network across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
The Team Leader will direct the CNC activities for manufacture of implants and instrumentation in accordance with Company policy and requirements. The role holder will deputise for the Machine Production Manager as required.
As a CNC Team Leader your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all products are manufactured to the appropriate specification.
- Ensure compliance with all documented procedures and accurate and full completion of records.
- Ensure clear segregation of accepted and non-conforming products.
Execute the plan created by Production Planning
Planning loading for the next shift
- Ensuring there is sufficient skills and resource to support the plan.
- Releasing / requesting people in line with the plan.
- Reporting achievement of plan or actions being taken to recover any shortcomings against plan.
Maximising machine usage
- Making decisions about manning that ensure the appropriate resource is allocated to each area to execute the plan.
- Escalating any technical or people issues that will prevent execution of the shift plan.
- Ensuring there is a clear structure during handover to minimise downtime and maximise output.
Ensuring all work on the shop floor is identified with the correct priority
- Checking the colour coding of work in the cell every shift
- Maintaining symphony notes in prescribed formats.
Highlighting any current working practices that prevent optimum production performance
- Consumables (recommendations about what is required).
- Fixture improvements.
- Work place organisation.
An ideal CNC Team Leader will have the following skills and experiences:
- Engineering qualification; preferably time served apprenticeship
- Good technical ability within an engineering/medical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and delegation skills.
- Previous experience in managing teams.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other departments and members of the management team.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of engineering drawings and their interpretation with regards to appropriate methods.
- Experience of using and implementing management tools.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 60061445 / INDLP
Apply for CNC Team Leader (Shift)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly