HR Advisor (Retail – South) – Coleshill, Birmingham - £25,000-£27,000 per annum plus benefits.
Here at The Works, we are looking for a HR Advisor (Retail – South) to join our growing team based in our Support Centre in Coleshill, Birmingham. The successful HR candidate will receive a salary of £25,000-£27,000 per annum plus benefits.
Our Store Support Centre is based in Sutton Coldfield but due to our continued growth plans we are super excited to be moving to our brand new, custom built, office and warehouse facility at Hams Hall Distribution Park, Coleshill, Birmingham in February!
There has never been a better time to join The Works!
Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for good quality, great value Gifts, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Stationery, Toys and Books. The Works sell over one million products every week to consumers looking for a bargain. With over 3000 employees, we have a network of over 350 stores (and growing… fast!) and an E-store which makes the amazing value products The Works provide available 24/7.
As our HR Advisor (Retail – South) you will work closely with your counterpart, HR Advisor (North), and our field HR Business Partners, to provide an outstanding central advice line and support service on all Employee Relations aspects to our Store Managers within our South Division (approx. 200 stores, 1500 colleagues). The Central HR Helpline and shared email inbox are your main communication vehicles for managing your case work (predominantly Disciplinary, Grievance & Absence) ensuring we are dealing with cases promptly, commercially whilst remaining legally compliant.
As our HR Advisor (Retail – South) you will receive a salary of £25,000-£27,000 per annum plus benefits including:
- 20% Staff Discount from our stores and online
- Life Cover
- Internal Progression
- Holiday 20 days plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays
Reporting to the Senior HR Officer, your responsibilities as our HR Advisor (Retail – South) will include:
- Provide advice and guidance on Employee Relations matters to retail line managers, offering appropriate solutions and escalating complex or serious issues to a HR Business Partner or Senior HR Advisor when required
- Partner with line management/field HR to administrate all case work/employee correspondence and documentation ensuring e-files are accurate and up to date
- Where required, be able to conduct meetings face to face e.g. investigation / disciplinary / health meeting etc. (this is very rare given the geographical patch, although encouraged where viable)
- Ensure all tracking of your case work is up to date and accurate and help to produce reports and statistics to assist us in making effective decisions / training requirements
- Assist with development and updating of company people policies
- Monitor and review reasons for leaving and exit interviews in your division, to help reduce employee turnover and increase retention
- Work with Payroll/HR Admin to administer and manage the maternity/paternity leave processes
- Be able to monitor Immigration for your designated division
To become our HR Advisor (Retail – South) you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- You should be excited by retail and the fast paced ever changing challenges it brings
- Have previous experience of working in an employee relations role that is office based, dealing with high volumes of cases.
- Have strong communication and organisational skills with high attention to detail,
- Commitment to exceptional customer service, and the ability to build relationships, especially over the phone as this will be your main communication tool.
If this is the HR role for you and you have the skills and experience required, please click ‘apply’ today.