Warehouse Administrator COKH43966
Our client, a leading provider of logistics services, is proud to be working in partnership with some of the UKs biggest retailers.
Our client are experts in the field of furniture home delivery and assembly. They have a UK network of 8 Distribution Centres, responsible for delivering furniture to over 300,000 customers per year.
As a Warehouse Administrator, you will be responsible for providing full support to the Administration Manager with regard to control of all stock inventory and administration (inclusive of Transport). Administering the location and specification of the products, conducting and recording perpetual counts and checks of the inventory within the DC and reconciling with the warehouse system, you will also ensure compliance with all transport legal requirements; planning; pre-brief and de-brief; and 5PDS processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordination, organisation, administration of all stock within the DC.
- Liaison with the management team to ensure the smooth flow through of stock and that it is protected at all times.
- Reporting on the control of the order picking/goods in/ goods out operations to ensure their accuracy with the minimum of handling damage.
- Administration of stock movements from all locations to ensure they are recorded accurately and are presentable for inventory integrity.
- Liaising regularly with the management team with regard to damage limitation of the inventory.
- Ensuring that the inventory is accurately counted and logged as per agreed schedule.
- Escalating all risks/relevant queries to the Administration Manager as appropriate.
- Conducting checks to ensure all stock is wrapped and labelled in line with Company procedures (inclusive of de-allocation/allocation of Stock)
- Ensuring all stock movements and R.T.M.s are actioned in a timely manner.
- Establishing an in-depth knowledge of the Warehouse and Transport systems, inclusive of PDAs
- Ensuring inbound/outbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Monitoring and chase documentation in support of the warehouse operation.
- Ensuring failures, deliveries and stock movement is processed and locations added to the system.
- Producing statistics when required.
- Undertaking administrative and filing duties to meet needs of Warehouse and Transport Administration.
- Complying with procedures and processes to ensure the effective, efficient and professional operation of Warehouse and Transport Administration.
With experience of working in a similar role in a similar environment, you must have an understanding of the importance of the ‘Engine room’ of Home Delivery and its contribution to the wider customer experience and a professional attitude to your work. You will ideally have a basic knowledge of a computerised warehousing system and Microsoft excel spreadsheets (training will be provided) and be a clear and confident verbal communicator.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.