Do you have proven experience of management within a fast paced retail environment? Are you looking to take the next steps in your career with a leading business? If so JoJo Maman Bébé are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
JoJo Maman Bébé are a multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products; with 70+ stores in the UK and ROI. We have a thriving e-commerce presence, and a growing international trade department. From humble beginnings, we now employ over 700 people in the UK.
Due to our continued success and expansion, we are seeking an Area Manager to join our retail team. The ideal candidate will be located in Manchester and will be responsible for a portfolio of stores based in theNorth, Scotland and Ireland.
What we expect from you
As our Area Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the development and welfare of your teams, therefore a high proportion of your time will be spent training, developing and supporting each store. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring area delivers in line with objectives set.
- Taking part in projects and delivering within timescales as required.
- Maximising the area profitability
- Control expenses to within budget
- Establish and remain aware of competitor activity, practices and operations.
- Liaise with senior management to identify and evaluate prospective expansion opportunities.
- Regular appraisal of marketing material on display.
- Monitor retail presentation and pricing.
What we look for in you
The ideal Area Manager will have a genuine love for retail, a natural desire to succeed, but most importantly will not take themselves too seriously, and allows their personality to shine through. You will also have the following skills and knowledge:
- The need to interpret numerical data is a prerequisite of your skill set, coupled with sound visual merchandising skills.
- Be able to motivate, inspire and lead people in a respectful and honest manner.
- instinctive commercial awareness based on a history of strong numerical and analytical exposure.
- Be able to motivate your area to achieve success by introducing a variety of incentives, so a creative flair would be advantageous
- A confident approach to leadership
- Ability to perform role in a pressured and changing environment
- Computer literate, especially MS Office
- Clean full driving licence
As this is a field-based role you will need to be able to work in an autonomous way, manage your own time and react to the demands of the role at short notice. This role requires regular extended travel, and so the ability to plan and organise trips in a cost-effective way is essential. The ability to react to change at short notice will be expected at all times.
Area Manager Benefits
- Incremental holiday entitlement, 28 days rising to 38 days p.a. (inc. BH)
- Generous management bonus scheme;
- Monthly store incentive schemes;
- Area Manager monthly incentives;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- JoJo saving scheme;
- Great social events, including a subsidised Christmas party;
- Staff discount with up to 40% off RRP;
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Area Manager then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.