SUPPORT WORKERS FOR RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME (NO NIGHTS)
Sheiling School Thornbury is seeking full time enthusiastic and committed Support Workers
Qualification at NVQ Level 1 or above preferred
Experience of working with pupils with challenging behaviour essential
Working in small family housing groups within a friendly team
Salary £16,000 to £17,500 per annum
42.5 hours a week, shift rotation, no nights
8 weeks paid holiday which include Bank Holidays,
As a support worker, you will be assisting our young people in their day-to-day life, which will include helping with personal care, washing, dressing, preparing and eating meals, attending school and accessing appropriate evening and weekend activities. You will also play a pivotal role in developing their life skills and increasing their independence.
Most importantly, you will be helping our young people to develop their social, emotional and educational potential through our therapeutic environment, which is inspired by the principles of Rudolf Steiner.
Some of the day-to-day duties will include:
• To support the young people in establishing healthy daily routines and independence.
• Communicate effectively with other house staff, school and therapists to ensure all information on the young person is appropriately shared.
• Acting as a role model to the young people in all aspects of the day, such as at meal times, meeting and greeting staff and peers and when accessing off site activities and amenities.
• Completing all the necessary paperwork, which will include – but is not limited to - daily record keeping, report writing and recording of phonecalls.
• To complete daily household chores such as cleaning, washing up and laundry and empowering young people to contribute to the general housekeeping.
• To take an active role in weekly house meetings and to attend all other meetings and training when required to do so.
• Supporting young people to communicate their difficulties and find appropriate strategies in managing their behaviour.
View the original job article on Hiredonline