Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
£18,200 rising to £20,100 + discretionary annual bonus, free parking, private family health care cover, generous holiday allowance of 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday and much more
We’re the unexpected bank and that means we’re looking for unexpected candidates. We’re looking for people with personality, people with passion, and people who love to help other people. Basically, people people.
We value people with skills above everything else. It’s quite a rare thing to be able to talk to people in the grown up, friendly, down to earth patient way we do.
Our people people provide award winning customer service 24/7, 365 days a year (actually 366 days this year!). But more than that, we like to think we never have an off day; we go above and beyond for our customers every time they get in touch, day or night.
It’s our people who make first direct what it is, so it’s important to us that you you’ll fit right into our family. We have a unique personality, show respect and embrace our individuality. We also like to have fun at work; our customers are the most important thing to us, so we believe you need to be happy to give them your very best.
Working as a Customer Service Representative you’ll answer inbound calls from our customers and help them with their everyday banking requests such as:
• Paying bills
• Setting up a standing order
• Opening a savings and other relevant account
• And much more
By building rapport and listening to our customers’ needs you’ll be able to identify which products and services are right for them.
When you'll work
We have full time Customer Service Representative vacancies available working 35 hours per week. Start dates to include 5th December & 3rd January.
Below are some example shift patterns:
• Example 1: Tuesday 15:30 - 01:00, Wednesday 14:30 - midnight, Thursday 11:30 - 20:00 and Sunday 14:30 – midnight
• Example 2: Monday and Tuesday 06:30 - 14:00, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 16:00 - 23:30
These are examples only and may vary if you are offered a position at first direct.
If you are interested in a part time role please contact us. Part time role training will be on full time hours Monday - Friday 8:30 - 16:00
What you'll get in return
• We offer an attractive starting salary of £18,200 rising to £20,100 and discretionary performance bonus.
• Free on-site parking
• 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays with the option to buy a further 5 days
• Bupa Health care protection for you and your family
• Help getting to the office – free shuttle bus running from the train station to the office between 07:00-19:00
• 4 x annual salary life assurance protection
• Sharesave scheme
• Fantastic on-site facilities eg subsided nursery, gym, subsidised restaurant, concierge service and much more
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of our people people, whatever your age, experience or background you’ll enjoy 9 weeks full time induction and training program designed to get you up to speed on the systems, products and services we offer, before you “go live” on the phones.
Start date: 13th & 27th February
As the training is intensive it is important that you are able to attend the whole of the course, so consequently, you will be unable to take any holidays during your training period. Training is full time, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 16:00.